1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feature Items Being Offered In Sidebar

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Jan 23, 2014.

As you may or may not have noticed, there's a single random block showing stuff that users are selling on the forum main page and the portal main page. And because I'm sure people are going to start asking how to get their stuff there, this is how it works currently...

Each page view has a chance to show 1 item from 3 different categories (33⅓% chance for each category). Once a category is selected, 1 item from each category is picked randomly from a group of 20. That group of 20 for each category is randomly selected every hour. Items "owned" by premium members have a green inset to make it stand out a little more.

The criteria for an item to even *be* randomly selected is as follows (this is the important part):

Digital Goods For Sale
    Your item has an overall average rating of 4.0 or higher. Your item also needs to have an icon.

Digital Point Ads Publishers
    Your site gets at least 10,000 page views per month with Digital Point ads on them.

Sites/Domains For Sale
    Your site/domain has at least 1 bid.

digitalpoint, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It needs to fulfill all 3 criteria?

sarahk, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, that's just the criteria for each category (the category itself is first chosen randomly... see first part of post). :)

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I got that, I was just looking at the bits the user can control... are those three points "or" or "and"

sarahk, Jan 23, 2014 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The criteria for each category does not rely on or relate to the others. You could be a Digital Point Ads publisher and have your site be presented without selling domains/sites or digital goods (if that's the question?)...

sarahk likes this.
  6. kingofking

kingofking Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hi @digitalpoint

I "think" there is a bug with this feature. I have attached the screenshots below for your reference. If its a temporary glitch, please ignore.

I am yet to log in to "DP"...

[​IMG]

I clicked on "More Info" on the Digital goods widget and it took me to the page

[​IMG]

I clicked on "Download latest version" and it forced to me login.

[​IMG]

But, even after I logged in with my correct credentials, it still threw the error "You must be logged in...." But, the download was successful.

[​IMG]

When i clicked "Log in" again, it threw the same error and again it downloaded the zip file.

kingofking, Jan 24, 2014 IP