1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

It is going to take somone who know what they are doing to help oin this problem

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by allwayslearning, Mar 10, 2011.

I have avoided coding as much as possible because I am visually impaired and I have realized with code if any is left out or to far away from the nest code or sentence in the text it may cause weird thing to happen when people see what I have dong in regard to coding as they look at my site I am lucky my site building software you can build a site without coding but sometimes I have to at least copy and past code from somewhere like my adsense account and when putting in text links

I have the sky scraper Google ads on my site as well as the banner ads but need to put one ad on my home page that is not in those formats. It needs to the Google ad format that should be on the left sited toward the top of the home page with wrap around text that is already on the page. Pasting the raw code from adsence for this king of layout resulted in huge horizontal gaps are were the ad should have been. Then someone gave me some code to ad to the Google code that resulted in the ad being where it should be with the wrap around text but after it being on my site for a day it stopped working and there was a big blank sparse the ad goes on Firefox and on explorer in that space whee the ad was to be was a message saying it sound not connect or something like that but the rest of the page was OK

I have had a lot of trouble with my new adsense code. I thought the problem up on this forum and someone gave the the code to ad to get my ad to actually be there with the wrap around text but it stopped working. Actually what happened after a day or so of using the additional code someone gave me and seeing my ad where it should be for no reason I can think of now there is just a big space on my home page where the ad should be on Firefox and on explorer that part of the home page has a message saying it can't connect. For what ever reason I cant get it to show the ad anymore so I am going to post the code for this and ask anyone who know of a better way to do this to make changes or if you know of a better more effective and reliable code to at to the Google code then please let me know The top line and bottom line of code was added by someone helping me solve the original problem. The ad is not on my site now because it is not working right.

The added code that worked for a while is <div style="float:left; margin:10px 10px 10px 0px;"> and </div> to the bottom. I am open to someone adding code in addition to the extra code or fixing the added code so it works or replacing it with new code Here is the code as it was when it was on my site but stoped working.

<div style="float:left; margin:10px 10px 10px 0px;">
    <script type="text/javascript"><!--
    google_ad_client = "pub-xxx";
    /* 250x250, created 3/4/11 */
    google_ad_slot = "8196663146";
    google_ad_width = 250;
    google_ad_height = 250;
    //-->
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
    </script>