1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

It happend to me - I got banned.

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by MythIP, Nov 16, 2006.

1. MythIP

MythIP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess there is no easy way to get a YPN account.?.?

MythIP, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  2. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had no luck with YPN, several times that is.

Peace,

Barti1987, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  3. MythIP

MythIP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then what are good alternatives to adsense?

MythIP, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  4. Solon Magrizos

Solon Magrizos Peon

Best Answers:
    It has happened to me to !

Solon Magrizos, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  5. rebex

rebex Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, but who is YPN? Please don't strangle me, seriously I don't know??? Is this Yahoo? And, while I'm at it, what about adbrite? Is this like a google adsense?

Thanx for your patience.

rebex, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  6. MythIP

MythIP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    adbrite is like adsense, payouts are low though at least as far as I am concerned.

MythIP, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  7. zzb

zzb Peon

Best Answers:
    I got the notification.... after joining this forum and setting up my live journal site. I have to tell you I don't think they buy into what you guys are doing here. I sent them an email asking for specific information... IP address etc. so i can determine just what the issue is. They responded and told me that they could not give details because they did not want to expose the algorithims they use... they would not even tell WHAT part of the policy I was violating.

I set up a channel for DP to monitor.... I am going to drop off the service here and kill the channel and see if that makes a difference.

Just my hunch....

zzb, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  8. adleym

adleym Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean the whole revenue sharing thing?

adleym, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  9. akamaimommie

akamaimommie Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, adbrite's ad network has a low payout per cick, but if you need to use them as an alternative they can totally be optimized for decent profit, because you have more control over how your ads look and can get wicked higher click thru rates.

If you have a ton of traffic and a high alexa rating, you also have a good chance of advertisers buying space on your site.

akamaimommie, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  10. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, I'm trying to understand the definition of these types of sites. Does digg, ma.gnolio.com, etc fall into this?

Thanks!
    hanji

hanji, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  11. zzb

zzb Peon

Best Answers:
    Hanji --- If that's true, that Digg and the other social bookmarking sites would cause banning, then they would be potentially banning every blog and website in existance!! I doubt it... but who knows, perhaps their robots are that stupid. Seriously... I think not.

To your other question.... I want to be real clear about this... I am NOT suggesting with any level of certainty that the revenue sharing here at DP is creating a problem but I only suggest it is a possibility. The correlation between my subscribing my Ad Sense pub number in the Options area and getting the notification (after running my site for 3 YEARS with no issues from Google !!) seems a bit suspicious to me.

I wonder if the webmasters of this site could validate that they have checked with Google to be sure that their program is not an issue with Google's TOS. Google is damned tight lipped about giving anyone any real assistance in letting them know SPECIFICALLY what caused the banning.

How is that for a customer friendly organization... !!!

So... all I am saying, is that unless I get some verification from someone (who is running this site) that the revenue sharing program here is not causing the problem, I will temporarily remove my information from the OPTIONS panel in the CP as a precaution.

Stop by my two sites and maybe someone could tell me why all of a sudden they would have an issue with their ads?

zzb, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  12. williamtan

williamtan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, not sure why but previously when I tried AdBrite, my returns are "miserable".

Though I've "revived" my AdSense stream, I'm really eagerly waiting for YPN to go live beyond beta and USA only. Once it is, my old sites will spring to live :)

williamtan, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  13. MythIP

MythIP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oddly I did have a large amount of digg traffic the day they banned me.

MythIP, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  14. Sockmoney

Sockmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Most digg users are technical by nature, and hence tend to not click ads. Digg traffic is great, but I've never really profited from it directly.

My guess is they found something about your site or marketing techniques they did not like. Re-review everything. Are you participating in any link farms? Link exchanges? Things like that?

Not sure if you already posted this, but what is the URL/topic of your site?

Sockmoney, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  15. Sockmoney

Sockmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    I was at pubcon this week and Google made a somewhat informal mention of some new features coming down the road for Adsense. One is the ability to do revenue sharing for your users/bloggers all through one account. Kind of like setting up channels, but with different adsense ids for each channel.

With this type of functionality coming down the pipes, I would imagine what DP is doing here with the rev sharing is legit.

16. zzb

zzb Peon

Best Answers:
    Boy if that's the case then they have really lost their minds!! LOL

Thanks for sharing MythIP. I got hit with the digg effect from an article I submitted to Blogcritics about a year ago that someone digged and went to their front page! What a rush that was but I never had an issue from the AdSense police. But hey that was a year ago and this is now so your observation might be valid but I don't have that correlation with my notification this week. I really wonder about their logic if you are right! Why would they discourage an increase in eyeball exposure to their adds as a result of the digg effect?? Maybe it is a flaw in their flagging algorithim that they have no way of fixing. Haaa that would crack me up. Their own bots reduce rather than improve the effectiveness of their system!! ROTFL

Personally I would think it would be bad business for them to ban that type of traffic increase from social bookmarking since it is on the rise and there will be more if it as a result of XML advances etc... but who knows maybe they don't even know what is going on their system is so automated. I bet they are just going after the little guys.... that's my theory and perhaps revenue sharing models are on their black list so the sites that subscribe are getting hit to curtail it ??? Just a theory.

AdSense logic remains a puzzlement...

zzb, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  17. zzb

zzb Peon

Best Answers:
    Unless they see it as a threat somehow if DP is not using THEIR platform for allocating the revenue sharing. Who knows... I hope you are right. I don't mind being the guinea pig. I will keep my site off for a few months and then see what happens. If I still get banned I will tell you guys and then you can all rest easy :) If not, I will re enter and if then get banned well, you might draw your own conclusions. Either way... you have to think like a corporate executive monopolistic greedy money hound (ala Mr. Softee) to get inside their heads over at Google. I have plenty of experience working for a large corporation so I know of what I speak.

There are other alternatives... but the fact that they won't even give you information on specifics is what gets me pissed. Its like chasing a needle in a haystack to figure them out.

zzb, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  18. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you try contacting Google? Send them your logs if possible.

infonote, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  19. zzb

zzb Peon

Best Answers:
    Come to think of it I was using a Link2Me site... which I found to be a waste of time.... I think I will cancel it and kill the links to it. I have one link on my page at ZardozZ News & Satire and one at our Downloads Portal that each points to a page that has some link exchange. There are NO adds on the page. Do me a favor and check it out and tell me if you think that could be their issue....

http://zardozz.com/zz/

The link on the site to the "Link Page" is http://zardozz.com/zz/links/index.html

http://zardozz.com/portal/

zzb, Nov 18, 2006 IP
  20. Sockmoney

Sockmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Anything with the word "rings" in it may look suspicious. The rule of thumb I heard over and over at the conference this week... If you are doing it to try and increase your rank with search engines, and it does NOT add value to your users experience, then it is probably a good idea to not do it. In my opinion link rings fall into this category. They are mostly efforts to try and artificially inflate a sites popularity. I would recommend not participating in any of these types of programs.

Then once you have your site cleaned up... email google again. If you don't hear from them, try emailing Matt Cutts and outline what you fixed or changed on our site. See if he gets back to you.

Not sure if it would help, but Google's webmaster tools section has a re-inclusion option. It is for websites that have been removed from the index, but you may be able to get someone's attention regarding Adsense from that contact point? Just something to try.

But I would definitely go over you site very thoroughly before attempting to resubmit/request re-review.

Good luck!