1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

It actually worked ! $1.50 a day to $10.00 A day overnight!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by kalta1, Jun 5, 2008.

1. farhajr

farhajr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I told him to email adsense and ask about what he is doing? but he never responds properly about it!

farhajr, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  2. hbsjcd3

hbsjcd3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dude,

I don't see why you would be banned beacuse of where the adsense is placed. You are not deceiving anyone and in fact, the way they blend in is pretty tasteful!

Google only wished all their ads were placed in such a tasteful manner.

I think Google has established so many rules for everything, from Adwords to Adsense to free listings, that people are having a tough time interpreting what is good and what is bad.

Here is what I would:

I would call Google customer service (don't email) and have them take a look at the placement. If if goes against TOS, they will tell you and you won't get surprised with "banned" email one day.

If if goes against their tos ask them to clarify what they actually want.

Then do what I do, get yourself a pre-paid legal plan ( they cost about $20-50) month That way if you do get banned or screwed by them or any other online affiliate program, you will have immediate legal representation. We are dealing with the billion pound Gorilla that is Google, and most people just accept that fact that they get banned or screwed by Google without a fight. However, just process and the legal system is what keeps giants like Google in check.

hbsjcd3, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  3. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am still waiting on a response from google. As soon as I get one I will post it. In the meantime if someone can post their adsense customer service # I will call them immediately and post what they have told me. ***UPDATE*** I just called Google Support (first time ever) and they don't have live support for stuff like this. They referred me to their adsense forum for input & feedback from their users. I will post there and see what kind of info I can get but I imagine it will be the same as here. Some will say YOUR GONNA GET BANNED & some will say IT IS FINE THE WAY YOU PLACED YOUR ADS. Either way we are learning a ton about this! Not just me but a lot of the people in this thread...well minus a few naysayers that are all about the glass half empty theory & everything is glum! Will keep you all posted.

kalta1, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  4. John-Q

John-Q Peon

Best Answers:

Exactly my thoughts!!!

So how did your weekend go?

I noticed the changes on your other page..;) Hope it does well...

John-Q, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  5. askmore

askmore Peon

Best Answers:
    excellent. i will try your method

askmore, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  6. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sunday ended up at 8.84% CTR with $11.84. By 7:00am it was at $8.90 so I think they must have just put up cheaper ads on my site the rest of the day. Impressions were about 40% at 7:00am of what they ended up at the end of the day. The other site with the toolbar put at the very top is unchanged right now. That one will be a hard judge because my traffic to that site is minimal approx 50 uniques a day compared to 350 to 500 uniques on the gray site a day.

kalta1, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  7. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Monday ended light on $ with a total of $6.04 CTR was still good at 7.77%

kalta1, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  8. Lokesh Sharma

Lokesh Sharma Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah ... that image near ad block might be dangerous for ya !

Lokesh Sharma, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  9. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The jury is still out on it. If you read the whole thread there are good points both ways. I have e-mailed Google twice in the last week with no response to see if this was acceptable. I told them I didn't want to get banned and I was writing them personally to either get approval or to change it. NO ANSWER The TOS can be read & interpreted in many different ways about ad units being by images. At this point I have no deception in this ad unit being by the picture since its a glamour photography site. I know some people with differ in opinion and some will agree with the ads where they are, but thats the way I see it. The great thing is all the different opinions and suggestions posted on this thread have been great! I have learned a lot.

Tony ;~)

kalta1, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  10. John-Q

John-Q Peon

Best Answers:
    Good to hear. Keep us posted..

Refreshing some old sites, so I'm a bit busy. But I'll try to check up on the progress every day or so.

I cant wait to hear G's take on things. I expect it to be as "canned" as possible...:D

John-Q, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  11. ThisIsOli

ThisIsOli Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google actually advises you to blend ads, I cant see them banning you for this.

As far as it goes with images being displayed by ads.

Google has put this in place with images that misled the users to click on adverts or degraded the reputation of its advertisers.

It is fine to place ads near images as long as you are careful about how you di it.

I am at work now so did not dare click on your link but if it is showing women in skimpy clothes you may want to be wary about placing images alongside it as it might be deemed you are trying to place an image to suggest what the advertisers sites may contain.

Google are usually fine with any ad placement as long as you make it clear that 'this' is theirs and 'that' is yours.

ThisIsOli, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  12. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its Wednesday morning and Tuesdays results were good. I am starting to get some clicks on my other site where I placed the navi bar at the very top and my ads below my logo header. http://www.mandarichphotography.com
    Tuesdays #'s were CTR = 9.49% & $14.76

kalta1, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  13. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    When you get a chance to look at the site I would love your input or suggestions on this. TY

tony ;~)

kalta1, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  14. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Beautiful site and great blending of ads. Ads are far enough from the image. I doubt Google will have anything against this.

baumann93, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  15. kalta1

kalta1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wednesday June 18th finished good CTR 13.74% & $13.97

kalta1, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  16. John-Q

John-Q Peon

Best Answers:

Glad it's working!

So no reply from the Big G yet? They probably want to see where this thread goes before they respond.....
    Log IP's etc....:D

John-Q, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  17. patzz

patzz Member

Best Answers:
    Hello I think that is not against adsense tos because it has enough space between pic and ad unit.I think his adsense revanue go higher because of his ad placement ad color and size of ad unit. check his font size and ad font size both are same , his ad shows part of his site. there is many more ways to improve our adsense revalue , mainly you should make your ads as part of your site, ad colors and sizes should be smiler to your original content. check my blog { oh sorry still I cant put my site here but if you want *http://tutorial-net.blogspot.com/* } also it has living examples for my above words don't ask me how much I earn normally per day but placing PRIVACY POLICY / section about us section and get good google ranking and index your site to more search engines directories and get links from others specially commenting on others sites at last keep updating your site should increase your revenue,,

patzz, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  18. 1samu

1samu Peon

Best Answers:
    you've emailed them, and got no answer. until big G answer it. you do nothing wrong (IMHO). maybe it's a gray hat. hehe

btw, nice site you have there :)
    cheers

1samu, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  19. salman4raza

salman4raza Peon

Best Answers:
    google tos does'nt allow this. we cant place adds near images. or so that can mislead user to ads so. take care

salman4raza, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  20. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't listen to people here so much, theyre way paranoid. Googles policy is for the way many people used to do it that was very deceptive. Such as a link unit under a picture making you think the hyperlink (which is in fact a google ad) was a link to what you saw in the picture and not an ad. Your layout is perfectly fine.

wowhaxor, Jun 19, 2008 IP