1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Issues with Vbulletin 4 - Strange Text Displaying & 'Whats New' Broken

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by WebDev Solutions, Aug 3, 2013.

Hello,

A few days ago, strange text appeared on our Vbulletin 4 forum and the "What's New/New Posts" pages stopped working, just displaying blank white pages. We believe this is a result of someone compromising the site- as we were hacked approximately 2-3 weeks ago.

Can anyone offer any guidance on how we can go about removing the text that's located towards the header and footer of our pages (listed below) and also how we can ensure the "What's New" and "New Posts" pages are fixed.

RE: http://linkslistforum.com

Towards our header, the following text displays;

Array ( [browser_name_regex] => §^mozilla/5\.0 \(.*windows nt 6\.2.*wow64.*\) applewebkit/.* \(khtml, like gecko\).*chrome/28\..*safari/.*$§ [browser_name_pattern] => Mozilla/5.0 (*Windows NT 6.2*WOW64*) AppleWebKit/* (KHTML, like Gecko)*Chrome/28.*Safari/* [parent] => Chrome 28.0 [platform] => Win8 [platform_version] => 6.2 [win32] => [win64] => 1 [comment] => Chrome 28.0 [browser] => Chrome [version] => 28.0 [majorver] => 28 [minorver] => 0 [frames] => 1 [iframes] => 1 [tables] => 1 [cookies] => 1 [javascript] => 1 [javaapplets] => 1 [cssversion] => 3 [alpha] => [beta] => [win16] => [backgroundsounds] => [vbscript] => [activexcontrols] => [ismobiledevice] => [issyndicationreader] => [crawler] => [aolversion] => 0 )
    Code (markup):
    Towards our footer, the following text displays;

Array ( [browser_name_regex] => §^mozilla/5\.0 \(.*windows nt 6\.2.*wow64.*\) applewebkit/.* \(khtml, like gecko\).*chrome/28\..*safari/.*$§ [browser_name_pattern] => Mozilla/5.0 (*Windows NT 6.2*WOW64*) AppleWebKit/* (KHTML, like Gecko)*Chrome/28.*Safari/* [parent] => Chrome 28.0 [platform] => Win8 [platform_version] => 6.2 [win32] => [win64] => 1 [comment] => Chrome 28.0 [browser] => Chrome [version] => 28.0 [majorver] => 28 [minorver] => 0 [frames] => 1 [iframes] => 1 [tables] => 1 [cookies] => 1 [javascript] => 1 [javaapplets] => 1 [cssversion] => 3 [alpha] => [beta] => [win16] => [backgroundsounds] => [vbscript] => [activexcontrols] => [ismobiledevice] => [issyndicationreader] => [crawler] => [aolversion] => 0 )
    Code (markup):

Any guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

WebDev

Solved! View solution.
    WebDev Solutions, Aug 3, 2013 IP
  2. ashishvrm86

ashishvrm86 Active Member

Best Answers:
    One quick test you can do is:
    - Try to check the default vB theme to see if you are getting this "Array" message, IF the default theme is coming fine then copy the header and footer templates code from "Default" to your "custom theme" . See if that could fix the problem.

Note: also try to disable the mods you have installed to see if that make any difference.

ashishvrm86, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  3. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response, unfortunately this text continues to appear irrelevant of style choice, including when I disable all modifications.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Aug 6, 2013 IP
    1) Try this :
    open include/config.php file and use the code under the first line:
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    PHP:
    Enter this in the second line:
    PHP Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);  
    PHP:
    and then check again.
    OR
    2) check the header template, if you can find the error message and delete it. (just a rough guess)
    OR
    3) Hire an expert ;) .

WebDev Solutions likes this.
  5. WebDev Solutions

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Many thanks! That's worked, and removed the content from header/footer- in addition to ensuring the search function works once more.

Can I ask though, is this a permanent fix, what has it actually done? Does inputting that PHP code had any negative effect etc? I assume it has just disabled all plugins until removed?

Am I right in thinking this has proved that the issue is with one of the plugins?

If so, I guess this means I can now hire an expert to find the main source of the issue, and once that's been fixed I can remove the PHP line and renable the plugins?

Appreciate all your responses!

WebDev

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
    WebDev Solutions, Aug 6, 2013 IP
  6. ashishvrm86

ashishvrm86 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you find the "Array(bug)" code in the template and deleted it already, then the problem is fixed, try to delete the PHP code from the config file. It should be a permanent fix :) and no need to hire any expert because you already did it with your expertise my friend ;)

7. WebDev Solutions

Best Answers:
    We've now upgraded to Vbulletin 4.2 to increase security and all issues have been resolved.

Thanks for all your help.

WebDev
    http://linkslistforum.com

WebDev Solutions, Aug 12, 2013 IP