1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Issue with www.

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Divvy, Oct 21, 2015.

Hello guys,

Maybe someone can help me with this...
    I have a new wordpress site in a url without www.
    Everything works great, except a little redirection problem...

If I open a new tab and write domain.com, my browser puts the www. before and than redirect to domain.com again. This is not very good for SEO.
    This is what is happening:
    1. domain.com
    2. www.domain.com
    3. domain.com

I think isn't a problem in the website code, because I had this site in other domain and in this other domain is working fine...

What could be?

P.S. I had other website there, but I deleted everything from public_html folder.

What I am missing?

Please help.... thanks!

Divvy, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have the www version bookmarked in your browser? You can use a redirect checker (search Yahoo or Google for one) and see what redirect your server is issuing when you type the non-www version of your domain name.

billzo, Oct 21, 2015 IP
  3. venetsian

venetsian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    In general in your DNS the www. and non-www are supposed to point to the same site but they are considered as separate "locations". You should decide which one you'd like to use and setup .htaccess redirect to point to just one of them. So if you decide to use the www.mydomain.com then you need to setup rule to redirect from http://\mydomain.com to http://www.mydomain.com
    Let me know if you want me to give you the specific .htaccess code.
    Venetsian.

venetsian, Oct 28, 2015 IP