1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Issue with feedburner

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by desirock, Jul 11, 2011.

I am trying to add feedburner to my site. This is a wordpress blog using headway.
    It already comes with a embedded RSS feed icon. Now I set up an account using feedburner, but the URL from the FEEDBURNER account for my feed is different from that of URL i get after clicking the RSS icom on my site.

desirock, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  2. kiramanic

kiramanic Peon

Best Answers:
    The RSS icon will be linking to the default WP feed at yoursite.com/feed, right? There are two ways to change it.

1. If you're using an even vaguely decent theme it should let you set your RSS url (among other things) in the theme options panel in admin.
    2. If your theme is useless, you'll need to find the file that has the link in it and change it manually. Which file it's in depends on your theme, it's usually either header.php or sidebar.php.

Good luck!

kiramanic, Jul 11, 2011 IP
  3. desirock

desirock Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks..........i will try this out
    I am using headway

desirock, Jul 12, 2011 IP
  4. waziuz

waziuz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry but that is wrong information. I have been redirecting my feeds for years whenever I wish.

There are a few plugins to achieve the same and Feedburner has also recommended it. Feedburner Feedsmith is the traditional one and this one can also do the job.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/feedburner-plugin/

These will redirect the default feed to feedburner. Hope that helps.

waziuz, Jul 13, 2011 IP