1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Issue in SERPs

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Aryans, Jul 20, 2015.

Hello Guys,

I'm facing one issue in SERPS, I have one education India base website but its ranked on google.com but my client want to rank on co.in Yes I have rank on co.in too but compare to .com its really poor.

I checked hosting server(Hosted on Indian IP), most of the business listing are India base and content, Google Map everything is find but its still ranking on .com I only concern about its domain extension it is .com which can't be change now...

Anybody were in similar situation in Past? If you have any solution then please let me know any advice is appreciated....

Aryans, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  2. Charlie Centa

Charlie Centa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you've got to switch it over, make sure the urls for each page are exactly the same except for the domain obviously. Then set up 301 redirects for all of the old pages to the new pages.

Make sure you've got the new website completely ready with the exact same content as the old website (it's best to keep it the same until you're certain that you're ranking well on the new domain) and switch it over making sure to do all the redirects correctly.

It shouldn't cause any problems at all if you follow those steps carefully and monitor how it goes.

Check out what Google says on the matter here: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6033049

Charlie Centa, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  3. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes the 301 redirections are a lot of work, but believe me, it's NECESSARY and strongly recommended to do it right, so you can redirect each page to the specific one! ;)

patco, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  4. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I written anything confusing? why you answers that? I'm not talking about redirection and don't want to redirect too.. I just want to to ask I have one education related website which is Example:( www. my domain .com ) and its ranking on google.com and my client want its ranking on google.co.in I checked everything like hosting back links, business listing, Google map and site content all are related with India, but its still ranked on google.com.

What you think guys which method should I use for getting rank on google co.in

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    Aryans, Jul 20, 2015 IP
  5. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Optimize your content and keywords to local keywords.
    2. Try to do more local business listings.
    3. Check your NAP consistent.

karen9999, Jul 22, 2015 IP
  6. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes because of low competition on google.com, the ranking is higher as compare to google.in/. I will suggest you create .edu backlink which is from India...... your site will come up in SERP....

MayurKawale, Jul 22, 2015 IP
  7. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mayur, yes I know edu back link is much better for my website "but low competition on google.com" its not correct infect competition on google.com is much higher compare to google.co.in my only concern about my domain extension its mywebsite.com I think it should be .edu or .co.in or may be any other reason... Still looking for solution

Aryans, Jul 22, 2015 IP
  8. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ya Aryan your ryt........ But if you are promoting your site in India so, you suppose to use keyword which is related to India ..that means these keywords are high competition in India than outside India. Now about your question...... i.e about .com domain...

Now to increase the ranking on .co.in domain......increase backlinks form indian based site.
    or you can redirect (301) your domain.....to .co.in or .in domain.
    Increase Local Presence....

Mayur

MayurKawale, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  9. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A Digital Marketing Agency didn't even know what to do in his field. :eek:

So easy for you to say create .edu backlink are you aware that this link is reputable and exclusively use for authorized people within education field and not for backlinking purposes. Google are aware of this baclinking strategy and trying to manipulate the rankings. So how can you create an .edu backlink? Would you mind to explain in details? :confused:

KylieSweet, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  10. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you want to say? Well I know everything but I'm still hungry to learn more n more, I know what's going on with my site and have solution too, but I post this question for expecting anything new which I missed, any other better solution or better advice that's why we are joining this forum, And WOW what an lovely answer from you, THANKS A LOT... I really don't know about this... Please make distance if you have answer like this.....

Aryans, Jul 29, 2015 IP
  11. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of your kind always passing your job to the members of the reputable forum sites. Advice is different from your asking. You have a client and its your job to produce a solution as Digital Marketing Agency not to put all the task to the members

The signature on your post already answered your problem.

KylieSweet, Jul 30, 2015 IP
  12. Aryans

Aryans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I know the solution but trying to find much better and quicker, which I can get from this forum, Well one more thing I'm running Digital Marketing Agency so its mean I have to providing every solution and service to my client and find the proper solution for him, so I can search everywhere for proper solution....

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    Aryans, Jul 30, 2015 IP