1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Isn't it hard finding jobs that allow you to write on your favorite subjects?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by DreamingBig, Jul 3, 2010.

1. rob485

rob485 Peon

Best Answers:

Dude, I really like your opinion and you really got the point. Thank you very much,
    you made me feel better because of that. LOL :)

rob485, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  2. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    An alternative approach would be to take the job, write with their keywords and sprinkle a few of your own in as well. Some clients just seem disinclined to listen to the expert they have hired. (I'm working with one right now. How much fun am I having writing a piece with keywords that the Adwords tool reports NO results for?) For them, showing them the poor performance of their words vs the improved performance of yours can lead them to becoming a great long term client. Of course there's also those folks for whom stupidity has no cure.

YMC, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  3. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    There sure a lot of people here that have to learn how to use their talents. That means knowing writing also requires some understanding of sales and marketing.

To put it in general terms, you control the situation or the situation controls you.

To put it in writing terms, you control your writing or buyers control you.
    Do you go after and educate the buyer or does the buyer control you?
    Do you set the rates or do you let the buyer set them for you?
    Do you market your services as a professional, or let the buyer downgrade you?
    Are you able to find your own work, or do you work when it finds you?
    Do you count 100% on articles, or do you see them as part of a package of writing needs?

Do you realize you are wasting your talents if you do not go where the money is?
    Do know that it is you that is limiting yourself and not the buyers out there?

dyadvisor, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  4. blackdiamond

blackdiamond Peon

Best Answers:
    yep, keywords that does not make sense makes it hard to fit in a sentence but still i have to do it or else no pay.

blackdiamond, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  5. AceWriter09

AceWriter09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Isn't it hard finding jobs that allow you to write on your favorite subjects?"

No, writing is a job like any other. You should be prepared to take the good with the bad - that's what you're being paid for.

AceWriter09, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  6. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have now found a good job that I enjoy. She was one of my first clients and I am writing articles for her again that I actually enjoy doing. :) She is a wonderful client to have and I am glad that we found each other on DP. Positive thinking and time I guess is what it boils down to.

DreamingBig, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  7. candy.joomlashine

candy.joomlashine Peon

Best Answers:
    At first I think yes. Not easy to finding jobs to write on favorite topics at the first time.

However, after a certain time working with it, after reading its info and reading its expert's opinions or articles I can fall in love with it. Just love much or love little :p.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    candy.joomlashine, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  8. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    My favorite subject is `Femme Fatale,' and I am lucky enough to have written quite a number of articles about it. :p

P.S.: Shut up dictionary. It wants me to replace `Femme Fatele' with `Female Dateless'... guess this is why spinners are so popular. ;)

parsibagan, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  9. booklover722001

booklover722001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dyadvisor you gave some great tips for writers in this post to get higher paying clients. thanks.
    Sometimes writers that have no knowledge just accept anything at first until they learn that they can write on topics that they love without being paid peanuts.

booklover722001, Aug 27, 2010 IP