1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Islamic website posts threat to South Park creators

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Darpie, Apr 20, 2010.

Radical Islamic Web site takes on 'South Park' - CNN

Everyone must realize that Islam will never be compatible with freedom, civilized society, modernity etc.

Some relevant articles:
    Theo van Gogh (film director) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The Satanic Verses controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Isioma Daniel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ayaan Hirsi Ali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note that if someone does indeed kill the makers of South Park they should not be considered extremists. It is the duty of every good Muslim to kill blasphemers.
    Islam and blasphemy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Discuss.

Darpie, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  2. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Helvetii, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  3. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    Theo's death was a tragedy.

I wish, given that there were death threats anyway - that they'd bothered to go with their original plan from way back when, when they planned to show him as a person.

The episode hasn't aired here yet but I'm guessing that the bear suit was because of the teacher naming the bear Mohammad?

I'd be interested to see if any of the Muslims here agree with this garbage.

alexispetrov, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  4. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The whole Rob Jones thread was a riot, Helvetti, including the YAFM video. The YAFM video actually gives context to why the southpark article is a big deal.

Obamanation, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  5. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That blog thread is hilarious Helveti.

@AlexiPetrov death threats seem to pour out of a certain religion at the slightest slight, as we know it's nothing new.

Seems funny how everyone else can cope with a bit of fun poking without resorting to death threats these days, and shows how far behind everyone else certain people are

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
    Revelations-Decoder, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I really think we need to protest. I don't have a coherent plan yet, but thinking cafe press t-shirts, mugs, bumper stickers with Muhammad teddy bears showing our support for freedom of speech. Further, protesting, petitioning, writing representatives about Revolutionmuslim.com threatening Comedy Central, something like that. Any further ideas?

Rebecca, Apr 20, 2010 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  7. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wanna get murdered on the streets? :eek:

Helvetii, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  8. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Ha Ha. In my life, the only interaction I ever have with muslims, angry or otherwise, is strictly on DP. I could probably get away with wearing a Muhammad teddy bear t-shirt everywhere, and the only reaction I would ever get would be compliments on my keen fashion sense. :)

You do have a point, but if we forbid any speech, cartoons, pictures that are insulting to islam, or any other religion, it would be the end of freedom of speech. Comedy Central makes fun of all religions, and islam should not be an exception. Revolution muslim is taking advantage of their freedom of speech by "supporting “jihad” against the West and praising al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden" and carefully wording the condemnation of Comedy Central. The only way to fight them, I think, is either eliminating freedom of speech altogether (end of America), or taking advantage of our own rights, and protesting.

[​IMG]

Rebecca, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  9. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    News is, 4chan launched a DDoS attack on revolutionmuslim.com

Not sure if it will survive...LOL.

Rebecca, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  10. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Very sad to see such death threats. May peace and rationality prevail in the end.

wisdomtool, Apr 21, 2010 IP
  11. luke12

luke12 Member

Best Answers:
    people still don't know God...

luke12, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  12. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    So Comedy Central buckled under the pressure and censored the show.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/comedy_central_censored_mohammed_south_park/

The people we should be protesting are not the radicals who make the threats(It is the governments job to prosecute those who try to make good on them). It is stations like CNN and Comedy Central, and papers like the NY times that don't have enough sack to do what is right.

Obamanation, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  13. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You definitely have a point, I wouldn't disagree to say they have "buckled under the pressure" to an extent. However, to clarify, that article is from Thursday, April 13, 2006. From what I've read, in 2006 there was an issue where Comedy Central execs elected to show the cartoon with Muhammad but they put him behind a big black censor bar, and made a bleep sound whenever his name was said. This time, he's dressed as a bear without the big black censor bar, but they've added a few additional bleeps. With an additional concession that South Park Studios isn't streaming that particular video on their website. It's enough censorship to feel how hypocritical it is when they freely make fun of every other religion.

Rebecca, Apr 22, 2010 IP
  14. cheburashka

cheburashka Peon

Best Answers:
    I will be honest with you guys. I think anyone who takes any part of any religion literally and believes in it word for word, are out of their mind. I mean, what century do those people live in? Grow up. You are living in a fantasy land. I don't know a lot about many religions, but I like to think I know enough about Christianity. It is laughable to believe that the world is a few thousand years old. I mean we know that it just isn't true... And the human race got started by two white people placed in a jungle? That is a lot of interbreeding. Nine hundred year old guys building ships that house every specie of every animal? Really? Must have been one sophisticated ship, with refrigeration, heating, humidity control systems etc. Seriously? Virgin birth, walking on water, almighty creature that need a rest after working for six days? I work six day weeks all the time. And where is God when innocent people get murdered and raped? If God has created everything in this universe, why in the world would he create AIDS, lion-face like syndrome, premature senility, Cushing's syndrome, human hypo syndrome, earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, etc. And don't give the 'God works in mysterious ways' stuff. There is nothing mysterious about a five year old getting raped by an AIDS patient. What has God ever done for you? Why do we only attribute the good things in life to Gods work and all the bad stuff gets shrugged off?

Anyways, I can talk about this for days. You can probably tell that religions and people who blindly believe in them make me angry. They should be made illegal, banned and forgotten like a terrible brain washing experiment that it is.

Just my opinion...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
    cheburashka, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  15. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    We should just round up anyone who is religious and shoot them. Making it illegal will just fill up our already crowded prisons. Summary execution for the religious, the poor, and anyone who doesn't think like I do.

Obamanation, Apr 23, 2010 IP
  16. alexispetrov

alexispetrov Peon

Best Answers:
    cheburashka - you've gone through a lot of threads in P&R today and made very similar posts.

While I think many of us would prefer religion didn't exist, many of us also don't care as long as it doesn't negatively effect us.

You've been heard; you don't need to repeat yourself in more than one thread.

Obamanation; you forgot the fat.

alexispetrov, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  17. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not all religions are bullshit. Look at Buddhism and its branches for example, one would have a hard time finding a fault with it.

Helvetii, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  18. Darpie

Darpie Peon

Best Answers:
    It's negatively affecting me.. I wanted to see free speech and freedom of expression not be affected. I wanted to see Muhammad mocked out in the open like all other religions and their figures get mocked. It is only Islam that gets this treatment.

Darpie, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  19. Darpie

Darpie Peon

Best Answers:
    [video=youtube;kBOLx3pPthw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBOLx3pPthw[/video]

Darpie, Apr 24, 2010 IP
  20. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Muslims guy advocates terrorizing non believers and says there is nothing wrong will killing people in 9/11

[video=youtube;sbPYf4XOTLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbPYf4XOTLs&feature=related[/video]

Helvetii, Apr 24, 2010 IP