1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Islam and female genital mutiliation

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by CMike111, Oct 30, 2009.

It seems that Islam promotes it.

http://www.jannah.org/genderequity/equityappendix.html

"Circumcision is a commedable act for men (Sunnah) and is an honorable thing for women (Makromah)." [5]

...There is, however, a more authentic Hadeeth in which Prophet Muhammad (P) is reported to have passed by a woman performing circumcision on a young girl. He instructed the woman by saying:

"Cut off only the foreskin (outer fold of skin over the clitoris; the prepuce) but do not cut off deeply (i.e. the clitoris itself), for this is brighter for the face (of the girl) and more favorable with the husband." [8]

While the Prophet (P) did not explicitly ban this practice, his words project a great deal of sensitivity to the instinctive needs of females and their matrimonal happiness and legitimate enjoyment. Reference to the brightness of the face and to better relationship with the husband are clear indications of his senstivity and compassion. They also stand in contrast to the arguments that female circumcision "controls" the woman's sexual appetite and hence contributes to sexual morality and virtue in society. It is true that Islam requires adherents of both genders to be chaste. Yet, there is no text in the Qur'an or Sunnah which requires selective curtailment or control of the sexual desire of one specific gender. Furthermore, chastity and virtue are not contingent on "cutting off" part of any sensitive and crucial human organ. Rather, they are contingent on spiritual and moral values of the person and the supporting virtuous environments.

...The remaining question then relates to the first procedure. Some (e.g. the late Rector of Al-Azhar University, Sheikh Gad Al-Haque) argued that since the Prophet (P) did not ban female circumcision, it falls within the category of the permissble. As such, there is no ground for a total ban on it. However, it is within the spirit of Shari'ah to restrict something that is permissible if discovered to be harmful. For example, all fish are permisible to eat. Should a particular type of fish be proven to be poisonous or harmful, it could be banned based on a known Shari'ah rule (Al-dharar Yozaal), or harm must be removed. The real issue then boils down to whether the first procedure is harmful or not. Granted that such a procedure may not be seriously damaging like the other two, it may be argued that it is painful, traumatic and often performed in an unhygienic setting leading to infection and other problems. [10] Even if the procedure is performed by a physician, it is so delicate that not all physicians master it. [11]

A little more about it.

http://www.islam-watch.org/AdrianMorgan/Women-Under-Islam4.htm

In Egypt, at least 90 percent of women are believed to have undergone FGM. In 2005, a report by UNICEF had claimed that 97 percent of Egyptian women aged 15-49 had undergone the operation. Here, the issue has been a source of controversy. A CNN broadcast from 1994, in which a 10-year-old girl in Egypt was shown being "operated upon" by an unskilled practitioner, caused a hostile reaction. Egypt sued CNN for $500 million for damaging its reputation, but the case was thrown out by courts.

In 1995, after President Hosni Mubarak announced his intention to ban the practice, he was persuaded to drop prohibitive legislation. The move to ban FGM had been supported by Dr. Mohammed Syed Tantawi, the Mufti of Egypt, but had been fiercely opposed by the Sheikh of Al Azhar University, the largest Sunni theological college. Even a gynecologist from Cairo University, Dr. Munir Fawzi, stated: "Female circumcision is entrenched in Islamic life and teaching." However, FGM was banned in general in Egypt in 1996, but was allowed in some circumstances if carried out by a doctor.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
    CMike111, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  2. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    To me the idea of mutilation is backward, whether it be in Islam or Judaism, boy or girl:

http://www.religionfacts.com/judaism/cycle/circumcision.htm

Toopac, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  3. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Religions seems to have a wholey unhealthy obsession with mutilating the genitals of children.

I mean, what besides religion could justify the abhorent act of taking a knife or sharp stone the the genitals of an infant and cutting bits off for no good reason besides religion?

For instance, if i mutilated my childs genitals because i heard voices in my head id rightly end up in court and then eventually a mental institution for the rest of my life. If i done it because of voices someone else heard 2000+ years ago, well that would be fine and we would have a party to celebrate the act.

And as if mutilating an infants genitals weren't bad enough, judaism has a practice known as mezizah in which the mohel mutilates the childs penis then sucks it. Now think about that for a second, outside of religion. Think about any other scenario where that would be not only allowed, but deemed nessesary and parentally enforced. Try to think of any other mindset, besides the batshit crazy mindset that religion inflicts, where a parent would arrange to have thier childs penis mutilated and then sucked by a grown man. and yes, many children have contracted STD's and died because of this disgusting practice.

stOx, Oct 31, 2009 IP
    megamoose likes this.
  4. CMike111

CMike111 Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope the tutition in Hamas sucks are completely paid for by the UN, and tuition is not needed.;) No the Mohel doesn't suck it:rolleyes:

You may be interested to know that just about all males born in the US are circumsised, mainly for health reasons.

Anyhow back to Islam and female mutilation. There is no reason to mutiliate females. There is nothing wrong with women having sexual desires.

To do so is barbaric and savage.

As you may have read even Mubarak tried to stop it, but was stopped by the Islamists.

CMike111, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In the practice of mezizah the mohel does suck the childs penis, read the article. You can't just deny reality because you don't like the sound of it, otherwise you are no better than the hypocrites who try to paint themselves as a religion of peace while condoning child rape and wife beating.

I'm also sure you, even if you do pretend not to, understand the difference between a medical procedure, regardless who unsupported and misguided, and the mutilation of genitals because it's what people think an invisible man in the sky wants. To compare the two is as rediculous as comparing the amputation of a childs arm because of meningitis to the act of chopping off an arm because you had a dream in which Mr T told you to do it.

The mutilation of female genitals in islam is abhorrent, but so is the mutilation of male genitals in other cults, for the same reasons. All genital mutilation is disgusting.

stOx, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  6. CMike111

CMike111 Peon

Best Answers:
    Puleasee I have jewish I had a bris, my whole family had a bris, and attended many.

No the mohel doesn't suck a penis.

Then believe the nonsense taught in the Hamas schools.

7. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I have seen it with my own eyes on TV (obviously not in graphic detail) but the process was explained, the ceremony was real and the mohel was not only said to suck the penis but also it was clear that he did do that (he lent over the baby like a hooker on a $20 job:D).

This was not Hamas TV, instead it was a Jewish program showing the world how those that practice Judaism live and their ceremonies.

It's disgusting not only to engage in paedophilia but to also carry out unnecessary genital mutilations at the same time.

Toopac, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  8. Truth777

Truth777 Peon

Best Answers:
    The most "right religion" turns to be the most dogmatic one by curent science.
    (I don't believe cutting off body parts is an order given by God. Most likely Moses and muhammad gave them themselves, but not God.)

And since Muhammad made up Islam he copied something from others and pasted it in his religion and even extended the cruelty further.
    You put in a pot barbarity, fanatism, plus something good (otherwise it will be total evil) and you surely will get a religion very similar to islam.
    What is the benefit of having such a religion in the west? The muslims fanatically follow the greatest collection of dogmas in the world, they now can't even differentiate betweet truht and lie and good and bad. Whatever is bad for normal people (nonmuslims) is considered holly in islam. See what I am talking about? That is nothing but A RELIGIOS DOGMA AND PRECHED FANATISM.

Truth777, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  9. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They don't always perform "mezizah", but it does happen, look it up.

But hey, don't let inconvinient things like facts change you from basing your world view purely on things that have personally happened to you. :rolleyes:

stOx, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  10. CMike111

CMike111 Peon

Best Answers:
    No where in judaism does the mohel suck a penis.

What do you think of the islamic mutiliation of women's genitalia?

11. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you can start here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brit_milah

It even goes into a real court case where the mohel has infected babies. (I know wiki is Hamas operated:))

Toopac, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  12. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You do yourself, and your argument, no favours by denying reality. You have opened the doors now for any muslim to counter your objections to female genital mutilation by simply claiming it doesn't happen and no amount of sources and evidence can change that. well done. :rolleyes:

stOx, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  13. CMike111

CMike111 Peon

Best Answers:
    In any case this thread is about the barbaric islamic practice of cutting off female genitalia.

How do you feel about that?

Should it be banned? Mubarak tried too but failed because of the Islamists who wanted it.

Don't you think it's sick for women to be denied sexual pleasure?

What is the justification for that?

14. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's abhorrent, we have already told you that.

What do you think about the practice of mezizah, where the mohel mutilates a childs penis and then sucks it?

stOx, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  15. Toopac

Toopac Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll answer all:

Sickening

Sick

Yes

Yes

There can be none

-- What do you think about the practice of mezizah, where the mohel mutilates a childs penis and then sucks it?

Toopac, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  16. CMike111

CMike111 Peon

Best Answers:
    Then why do the Islamists do it?

17. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    fokedup religious/cultural practices. what is your point? what is the point of this thread?

pizzaman, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  18. CMike111

CMike111 Peon

Best Answers:
    That mutilating women in the name is Islam is wrong.

19. pizzaman

pizzaman Active Member

Best Answers:
    i have news for you
    mutilating women is wrong
    mutilating men is wrong
    mutilating animals is wrong
    we all know that.

pizzaman, Oct 31, 2009 IP
  20. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Stox is ok with genital mutilation for health reasons. If, however, you do the same thing for religious reasons... it is wrong. Stox, its never too late to get circumcised. You might get more blow jobs if your crotch didn't reek from filth and bacteria building up in your foreskin. Just tryin to help.

Obamanation, Oct 31, 2009 IP