1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is your site targeted ? Google now tells you

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by amitpagarwal, Mar 2, 2006.

1. gabs

gabs Peon

Best Answers:
    At what point should you switch them off "opt-out" ?

The difference for me is about 7% of contextual ads ..

But as google says in its blog..

Any opinions ?

gabs, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  2. blinxdk

blinxdk Peon

Best Answers:
    Would there be any idea in site targeting your own site? With a low CPM specified, the idea being that you would drive the cost of other ads up, just like some people do on eBay? I'm sure it's morally wrong, but I don't remember google saying you can't advertise on your own site.

blinxdk, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  3. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    Great find =)

Shoemoney, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  4. dadasays

dadasays Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm a bit confused by some of the terminology used here. When most of you are looking at the site-targeted ad report, are you assuming that these ads are from advertisers who have specifically targeted your site? My understanding of impressions-ads are that advertisers don't have to specifically target specific sites, but they just tell AdWords how much they want to pay per thousand, and AdSense throws those ads into the competition for displaying on any site that uses AdSense.

I'm under the impression that some here believe their site is specifically targeted by certain advertisers, but I don't think you can actually make that assumption just based on the fact that some of your AdSense impressions are impression-paying. It only means that those specific impressions "won" an impression-ad over a CPC ad because the CPC ads didn't pay more.

dadasays, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  5. explorer

explorer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For CPM ads to appear on your site, the advertiser must actively select your website.

Many big advertisers, however, will run campaigns on thousands of sites without actually looking at any of those sites - adwords generates lists of sites suitable for each keyword an advertiser types.

explorer, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  6. Alva Ed

Alva Ed Peon

Best Answers:
    Good information. Thanks.

Alva Ed, Mar 10, 2006 IP
  7. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    True and false. Those "work at home" ads are as you said random CPM ads. But there are other ads that ARE targeted specifically to your site. That's how you can tell -- if the CPM ads fall into the same niche as your site.

jackburton2006, Mar 10, 2006 IP