1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is you Site listed in DMOZ

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by USPB, Dec 3, 2007.

?

Is you Site listed in DMOZ???

1. Yess

40.2%
  2. No

59.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That just means that someone is doing their job... The editor in your category could be a worthless waste of DMOZ resources, and the person that really added your site could have been any number of other editors. Their edits are a secret (cept for mine which they love to mention) so really there is no way to know...

Though, congrats on getting that listing. It's something that many hope and pray for ;)

Qryztufre, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  2. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey hey hey, for someone who uses the expression “you are a troll” at least once in any paragraph you are pretty good at it yourself.

What I am saying to you Christopher is that when someone says something to you or you read something , you need to apply a little commonsense. It ain't that hard and will stop you flying off on those tangents of yours.

nebuchadrezzar, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  3. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats Spidey ! What I need now is to register a new site in your place. Maybe a .co.uk site will most likely be listed fast. LOL :D

popotalk, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  4. Spider-Man

Spider-Man Banned

Best Answers:
    I've seen it in more than just my instance. Register a site with a town name in the url, put a bit of coherent content on a few pages - there you go, it'll get approved.

It's not just in my area, it's across the entire board as far as I can see.

Spider-Man, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    So it's not common sense to interpret you saying that "editors are not posting the truth" as editors are not posting the truth? Or maybe its common sense to read into you saying that "following the guidelines is shaky" to mean that somehow the guidelines should be followed? I'm trying to take your posts at face value, but when you try to explain something to me and then end it with editors are not posting gospel it's rather hard to know if the rest of your post and posts up to that point should even be considered.

Maybe if the editors here would actually post helpful comments that should be followed may end a lot of the confusion... or are you now saying that listening to editors is a good thing? I'm just not sure what your message is there.

Either listening to editors is good, or it's bad. I always thought that on average most of them would be helpful. many have said that following the guidelines was a good thing, sadly you are not one of them. And while many claim they are not spokesmen for the ODP, they are posting on behalf of the directory... so listening to them should be a pretty stable means of "good advice"... accept you of course. You seem to think that they are clueless and should not be listened too. Am I talking in circles? likely... but I'm just trying to figure out if you as an editor should be listened too or if you are just giving bad advice as half of your posts seem to imply.

I'd personally like to think that following the guidelines is a good thing and that if more webmasters did follow them they would find that more and more of their sites listed in DMOZ. You on the other hand have stated that following the guidelines is shaky... now who is the one lacking common sense?

6. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually for someone who tells us all how moral he is you are being more than a little devious. You have quoted me as saying "following the guidelines is shaky". In case yiu don't realise thats what those little sqiggly marks (''")mean, that someone, in this case myself, said those actual words. Now you know darn well I never said those words. If you are too embarrassed or shy to apologize for your deliberate deception here a simple pm will suffice.

7. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's a nice tip. I guess from now on we can advise people here what to do. Since I left that Category I had, its been soooooooooooooo slow now. Talk about editor SLACKING

LOL

8. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes... lovebirdsinfo.blogspot.com. Do you like this blog?

kittyluver, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  9. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    you said:

After I said read and follow the guidelines. That means you feel the guidelines are shaky. Or are you not trying to take back what you said? Yes, yes, unique content IS important, but again, you said that my advice was shaky, and again, my advice was to read & follow the guidelines.

I told some guy that if he wanted to be listed in DMOZ his best bet was to read the guidelines, which by the way go far above and beyond the 'add page' that is pointed too for submitters. You follow up my post by saying that following the processes that editors are supposed to follow is somehow bad advice.

So where was my "deliberate deception"?

10. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Chris, that was then, now they prefer sites that are dead and without unique content. :D
    LOL Chris ! Why would they follow the guidelines if they would not even dare to look at the submission queue. Your just confusing people. Just submit, submit, submit, submit, submit, submit, submit, submit, and submit whenever or whatever category. :D

11. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    That what you attributed to me is not the same as

That is what the quotes (the squiggly things '''') mean. It means I said those actuall words. That is the words between the squiggly lines, not some other woedsn Surely even you can see that they are not the same. The fraudulent quote had 5 words. The only common thing other than the word "the" was the word shakey/shaky. how can you argue that they are the same?

And thanks for you PM
    So you feel that you can make up stuff, present is a a fact when you know it to be false, and when the person spots your deliberate deception you feel that the appropriate action is to abuse that person.

12. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Well, if Nebby is correct and it's all about unique content, then you are certainly correct there!

If picking the best category is shaky, then picking any old category would likely be the way to go. And if submitting once is shaky advice then submitting multiple times would be the thing to do... so I guess I am wrong and nebby is correct on that issue :rolleyes:

You want to quote PMs now?

Is it so hard to say that in public? it must be, as you are still saying that my 10 points are shaky out here in the open.

13. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL ! Nebby and some other editors are confusing, misleading and twisting facts. Its even written wherever they are that their opinion is their own and not the odp but when you asked the odp there is no specific answer and they will just point you to a wheel thats going round and round. Its politics. Its just a propaganda campaign.

14. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Christopher I'm still waiting for an explanation of how you think it is OK to fictitiously make up some words, put quotes around them, attribute them to someone who never said them , and abuse the person when he points out the error.

15. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
  16. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    How did you point out the error? And was my quote a misrepresentation of what you actually said? I corrected myself with the EXACT quote, and it does say that following the guidelines is shaky advice. I also gave the exact quote from an email from you stating that I was in fact correct.

So mind telling me which one is right? Is following the guidelines shaky or not?

17. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Cmon Chris, don't bite Nebs bait as you well know that Neb is a Master Baiter.

Back on topic
    preview post for fast inclusion in DMOZ
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost.php?p=7134053&postcount=21

18. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you said something the other day which might be construed as being that at a stretch, and apparently, according to you it is quite OK to make up shit like this. Truth, honesty and integrity do not seem to be issues worth considering any more.

What, this Bozzo makes up stuff I did not say and I am the Baiter.

19. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'll quote you now Neb and have to report you since you want this thread and this forum for your personal gains. You really don't want to stop and address what the forum members needs to know. In this forum members are used to in getting specific answers and if could not contribute to that you might as well stop your nonsense posting.

20. nebuchadrezzar

nebuchadrezzar Peon

Best Answers:
    You go and report me Jude. I wouldn't for a minute think that you would grasp concepts like truth, honesty and integrity and are not surprized that you interpret them as "nonsense".

See Christopher, I used quotation marks to show that was the word he actually used rather than a word that I wrongly attributed to him in order to prove a point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.