1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is yahoo better than google?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by lonetoms6, Sep 14, 2011.

Hi Every Body

I am number 6 in Yahoo, but not in the top 1,000 in Google for my site. Why?
    I am not getting the reason.
    Could any one please help me.

Thanks in Advance for reply

lonetoms6, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  2. 75dollarseo

75dollarseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    don't which one better .. that depend on user result ... but, for webmasters google always better ..

75dollarseo, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  3. uphichet

uphichet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You won't believe me. In my country, more than 95% of people use Google in searching.
    Sorry! with the broken English, I'm Thai

uphichet, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  4. hankyjohn

hankyjohn Member

Best Answers:
    Google is most used search engine. Google and Yahoo follow different algorithm for their search engines.

hankyjohn, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  5. genchev

genchev Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google is the better SERP, but Yahoo and Bing are mostly visited by US visitors and are better in quality terms. Yahoo always brings US visitors to my websites and Google brings more international visitors. In any case, it's better to get 10k international visitors from Google then 100 US visitors from Yahoo :)

genchev, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  6. norman34

norman34 Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people use Google nowadays, I can remember when Yahoo was the big one but they failed to move forward unlike Google and it is them you want high ranking with!

norman34, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  7. rockafello

rockafello Member

Best Answers:
    Google is way better.I'd rather be on the 10th result on google the 1st on yahoo

rockafello, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  8. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo is just nothing any more and they fail to compete with Google.

Focused to get rank in Google rather than yahoo and for getting rank in Google you know you need to do lots of tasks in a legitimate way.

shuvo, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  9. Celtivo

Celtivo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Defintelly not. Why do you thing Google is the worlds most popular search engine?

Celtivo, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  10. Sharpwebhosting

Sharpwebhosting Member

Best Answers:
    it's subjective, all search engines are bias toward their own algorithim. Google, obviously sends more traffic.

Sharpwebhosting, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  11. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As a conclusion, it can be said that Google is the major source of driving traffic and Yahoo is smaller. While we must focus on optimization for Google, we should not ignore the Yahoo, too. As Yahoo sends a portion of traffic and helps.

Guisbar, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  12. IndieGuideBooks

IndieGuideBooks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I couldn't have said it any better ! Don't forget yahoo . ! They sending you traffic and THAT traffic could be customers .

Lets say google do send you the more traffic than yahoo. But its the traffic you get from yahoo ,that brings you more sales .
    Now we know google THE top dawg . But If you not getting sales from the traffic they helping send ,and yahoo sending traffic ,
    May be smalls amounts but they sending traffic that's converting into sales and opt - ins .

Now im not saying that's YOUR case , im just saying it can happen . And plus this question is one based off opinion . You gone get alot of different
    views . Hope I help .

IndieGuideBooks, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  13. looter

looter Peon

Best Answers:
    To me i prefer google at searching cuz its so smooth.

looter, Sep 14, 2011 IP
  14. applejack

applejack Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you bet it is! your competition in google is 10000 times more!

applejack, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  15. rasme

rasme Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yahoo easier than Google Just add some backlinks for your site then you will get the site in the first page of yahoo.but its different for Google is much more difficult and complicated ,,so in the end when you get the first rank in google believe me your site will be able to make some money.Good luck...

rasme, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  16. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Um. Being DP'ers, I'm sure you aren't in the least aware that Bing is the engine behind Yahoo. I'm positive you aren't remotely aware that, since that occured, Yahoo has lost half its market share. And, without a doubt, you don't know that Yahoo blames Bing for its last two quarterly losses. But you definitely don't know that, since Bing came online, Google has gained market share over them both.

And while some of you claim to know Bing is better than Google, Google has 20,000 employees that work mostly on search. From what I've been able to find out, Bing has 300. Who do you think does a better job at search?

Think?! Oh, wait. I forgot. This is DP.

drhowarddrfine, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  17. ki12

ki12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google dominates in terms of users but they are both worth ranking well for in the long run. Especially since google keeps changing its rules.

ki12, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  18. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo and Google look at the same site with a totally different perspective in view. Google takes into account factors like the On Page SEO and the Off Page. Yahoo has not been discussed too much in detail and there is pretty much things that remain unknown. But one thing that is certain that Yahoo has more focus on the On Page stuff.

unknownpray, Sep 19, 2011 IP
  19. denial12

denial12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both yahoo & Google are different Search engine. Both provide Different as if your site is on top 5 in yahoo then it is not necessary that it is also top 5 in Google. Now a days people generally used Google. So try to follow Google analytics it will help you in understanding & for conclusion.

denial12, Sep 25, 2011 IP
  20. Mithuasha

Mithuasha Banned

Best Answers:
    Nothing to be strange, site ranking will never same to every search engine. I think it is tough to get good rank on Google because of it's high competition.

Mithuasha, Sep 30, 2011 IP