1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Yahoo banning sites who use Rankingpower?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Fred, Jul 16, 2005.

Is Yahoo de-indexing or banning affiliate sites for using Rankingpower? http://www.rankingpower.com.

My oldest site that was doing fairly well on Yahoo up until June 11 when it suddenly began to lose it's Yahoo listings. Checking my Yahoo site links with a Yahoo search for my URL shows no links. Despite this, Slurp keeps spidering my site. I have always used my own custom templates instead of Rankingpower's default template, but I probably went overboard generating too many pages.

If Yahoo deindexed my site because I was using Rankingpower pages, can I get it reindexed sometime after I remove the pages, or else put this in robots.txt

UserAgent: slurp
    Disallow: /rpfolder/

Fred, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  2. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    This looks like spam to me! I would stay away from the site!

TooHappy, Jul 16, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Rankingpower was very popular couple of years ago. The creator must of earned thousands of dollars with it.

Then word spread out that it could hurt your sites or get them banned... finally I saw the rankingpower website for sale at ebay, don't know if it ever sold...

That's the problem with the net... one day you are earning loads of cash, the next day it is gone...

fryman, Jul 16, 2005 IP