1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is yahoo against agressive linking now?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Tuning, Jun 24, 2005.

Hi Folks,

After recent events at yahoo serps I'm wondering is there some strange realtionships with agressive linking and SERPS.

I have a client's site [ sorry wont disclose] and was targetting a 3 word phrase using agressive linking. [ Never used coop, only bought some PR7,5,4 links ]

From start of last week it was in TOP #5 position in yahoo and now nowhere seen

On same time I had another site, that was in coop was also in top#5 in yahoo and now is at infinity. [ The term was a 2 word term and I used coop exclusively for getting links ; For this term I'm still @ #3 for allinurl in google, but sandboxed]

Astonishingly a related 3 word term for the same site that has only a half dozen links remained same position in yahoo serps.

Is anyone seeing anything like this ?

Regards,
    Tuning

Tuning, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  2. maha

maha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    9 out of the 10 sites I manage use either co-op or LV for linking has dropped out of Yahoo. They were all in the top 5 in Yahoo prior to the update. The only remaining site (still #2 in Yahoo) is the only I care least about which I did not use Co-op or LV. I am removing 2 sites from co-op and see if it comes back.

maha, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  3. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    My coop & link vault sites are still doing fine in Yahoo.

From reading here it seems like most people that dropped from Yahoo have been counting 100% (or close to it) on cooperative networks.

GuyFromChicago, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  4. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can't rely on cooperative networks. They seem to be good for getting quick, easy links. Getting new links, from new sources, all the time, is a must.

Web Gazelle, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  5. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    The coop (in its way) doesnt have to do anything with it. People on other forums who never even heard from the coop are hit as well. It looks to me like some sort of a sanbox filter.

crazyhorse, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  6. Web Gazelle

Web Gazelle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe an aging filter for yahoo.

Web Gazelle, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  7. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's my guess as well. Additionally, there could be a kw density filter in place.

One of my sites has had normal link growth, yet has fallen from #5 to #9. I haven't done much to it in the past 8 months except to increase kw density.

If Y! is trying to hunt down spam, it would make sense to scrutinize kw density to help ID spam sites.

I think it has been generally accepted that Y! tolerates high kw density moreso than G. Maybe they're trying to change that.

/*tom*/

BTW: For my couple of sites, SERPs seem to have reverted this morning to pre-update. I'm hoping it's a roll back.

longcall911, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  8. LiGhTen

LiGhTen Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok guys i please forgive me for the langauge
    BUT FUCKing yahoo I dont know what the fuck i am doing wrong ... Now ...
    I see top sites with HIDDEN Text
    I see some not TOP SITES with key density less then 1% of the keyword
    I SEE top sites ... That have 0 links
    I see tops sites that have 100's links

WTF is wrong with yahoo can't they make up there mind?

LiGhTen, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  9. maha

maha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My main site (the most important one to me) has over 500 back links prior to joining co-op and has been around for 2 years, well SEO'd, ranked #1 in Yahoo, Google and MSN prior to joining the co-op. So naturally I think co-op is the cause, but from reading, it doesn't look like it anymore. So I don't know what Yahoo is filtering or what they're penalizing us for? It's driving me crazy!

It looks like digitalPoint.com has also been hit by this update

maha, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  10. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does anyone got severly affected like me. Like going from #3 to infinity?
    If yes, do you agressively done link building ?

And not small deflections ?
    Regards,
    Tuning

Tuning, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  11. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    my 6 month old site is still doing well in yahoo, yes its also on the co-op network.

just-4-teens, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  12. SEOGuru

SEOGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Tuning. It has happened to thousands of sites. I was #1 on 250 keywords some of which return 20+ million results. Now I don't rank on a search for my domain. I'm not saying I don't rank on the first page. I.... DON'T.... RANK. A complete BAN of the site.

And get this. TODAY, i just got approved for the Yahoo Directory. Isn't that a HAND review of the site? Figure that one out. haha

SEOGuru, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  13. maha

maha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder if Yahoo will put you back in their SE if you joing their directory?

maha, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  14. SEOGuru

SEOGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    We'll see in a few days. I got approved today and they say it should be entered in a couple days.

SEOGuru, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  15. bLaDeY

bLaDeY Guest

Best Answers:
    I can fully sympathise with yourself Tuning, the last few days / week my site has dropped completely out of Yahoo which is very frustrating including backlinks although they have since returned.

For keywords which I was ranked well within all other sites come up other than mine. I really don't know whats caused this but I haven't made any changes at all so I reckon I'll just give it a bit more time and see what happens.

bLaDeY, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  16. kepa

kepa Peon

Best Answers:
    The directory has nothing to do with it. Mine is in there.

My main site fell of to oblivion after climbing to number 2 after two years. Then POOF!. It vanished from everywhere. It has coop links POINTING TO IT. It doesn't HOST THE COOP, just has links TO IT. That is all.

What is funky is that I have a newer site (spammy even) that I set up to direct traffic to my main site above and whattaya know...it took over the number two spot. Mind you, it is only a few months old and is just a half-assed directory with adsense, it HOSTS the coop, but has NO LINKS pointing to it (it's coop weight is like 8). In fact I have a few other sites that have the coop on it and they are fine. It's the site the the LINKS POINT TO that seems to be the problem.

Thank god I at least have a failsafe so to speak and my spammy directory may be saving me for now.

kepa, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  17. SEOGuru

SEOGuru Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm not saying being in the directory has anything to do with it. I happened to have paid to be in the directory AFTER the Charlie Update. So, what I"m saying is that if they HAND REVIEWED it to approve me, could it mean that they un-ban my site and include back into the search results.

People who were already in the directory before the update would be screwed.

Having links pointing TO your site is what I believe triggered it. My site doesn't host the co-op either but had 200,000 weight pointing to it. It got a TON of links in about 60 days.

Kepa, you basically confirmed what I've been saying in the other thread about being able to BAN a competitor by pointing massive amounts of links TO THEM.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=19524

SEOGuru, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  18. hmilesjr

hmilesjr Active Member

Best Answers:
    I experienced a big jump in SERPs last week after getting approved for Y! Directory. I also have been aggressively purchasing links. From PR8-PR5's. So I can't really say what the jump was attributed too. This morning I dropped out of the top ten to the 100 range for my key terms. Now, that's not as bad as others, but only thing I can figure is that they are still messing with the algo.

hmilesjr, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  19. Adamlert

Adamlert Peon

Best Answers:
    A few months ago I had my #1 ranked site completely disappear from the rankings. I signed up for the directory and was listed no problem, but that hasn't helped in the regular results. I also tried search submit express and was rejected, apparently b/c there is some kind of 'outstanding penalty' against my site...but they won't tell me what that is. I do NOT partake in any link coops or farms... I get all my links the old fashioned way by personally emailing related sites.

So, like many of you, i'm not too thrilled with Yahoo right now either.

Adamlert, Jun 26, 2005 IP
  20. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I find that Yahoo likes sites with lots of internal anchor text.

dvduval, Jun 26, 2005 IP