1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Y publisher network good as Adsense now?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by ringtonegeezer, Jun 17, 2009.

Is Y publisher network good as Adsense now for payouts?

ringtonegeezer, Jun 17, 2009 IP
  2. russianzio

russianzio Peon

Best Answers:
    All publisher networks are different. It rather depends on your site and the visitors you get. But in general as an advertiser, Yahoo search m. charges way too much in comparison to adwords, so i would say they should be paying a bit more. On the other hand Y has less advertisers, so they might as well put more money in their pockets. Who knows.

russianzio, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  3. beinghappy4ever

beinghappy4ever Banned

Best Answers:
    Payouts both are similar...but paying good is adsense...ypn pays very less..

beinghappy4ever, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  4. Arkidas

Arkidas Member

Best Answers:
    Do Yahoo! still pay via Paypal? I liked that. They also used to pay ridiculously much :p.

Arkidas, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  5. gordon08

gordon08 Peon

Best Answers:
    YPN ads are not well-targeted so you'll get less clicks. Less clicks means less money. Payout is about similar.

gordon08, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  6. wesvista

wesvista Peon

Best Answers:
    YPN definitely pays less per click for a mature site. Plus, adsense is bigger than YPN.

wesvista, Jun 19, 2009 IP
  7. Dan0392

Dan0392 Peon

Best Answers:
    in generally, it depends on what kind of site you're talking about. Personally, i think it's about the same thing, only adsense pays more money

Dan0392, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  8. yaffer

yaffer Active Member

Best Answers:
    YPN doesn't offer Link Units, which convert very well for me. They also have a lot less competition for the ads, so the ads will repeat a lot and not give you a good variety of ads. Well that's true for my niche any way. There may be some niches that have more ads. I've found that the quality of the copy of the ads is very poor on YPN too. The CTR is much lower. Again that may just be in my niche. The one upside is that they usually paid a lot more per click than Adsense. Actually I'm not sure about that anymore. I haven't really posted YPN ads for about a year because they were converting so poorly. I just recently set up a new site using YPN ads, but in a very different niche than my other sites.

yaffer, Jul 9, 2009 IP