1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is working with Freelancer.com is safe?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by martinjacob, Sep 17, 2011.

I have done a project on freelancer.com

The client is from poland and the work is to send Bulk emails from my VPS servers.

I completed my work. But the client is NOT responding to me regarding payment.

martinjacob, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  2. neevedu

neevedu Peon

Best Answers:
    you should asked him to credit the payment in you a/c first or shud nt deliver the project before rcvng the payment.

neevedu, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  3. amasran

amasran Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to do a 50/ 50. First get paid then deliver the project. I actually worked very hard for one marketer in scriptlance. This guy said that I would get paid per week. It turned out I was working 3 weeks of hard work I worked 7 days a week for this guy. I asked about him about the payment. he said that in his agreement I had to deliver him a worksheet with the word count of all my SEO written articles. Well I delivered the worksheet. The first week: when I asked him about the money he said that he would check with the department. It went so an on 3 weeks. The next week he made an excuse of himself that he needed the worksheets on tuesday. When he first said that they would have to be delivered on Friday. I asked about him the 3rd week and he started making up lies that only 12000 words got excepted and since I have written more than 60000 words. The first 3 weeks he said Ill check with the department.. >>> Only Lies!

I checked up later and he posted all my hard written work all over the internet. This guy had clients from freelancer.com.

So my advice is:

If you deliver work put a watermark first.

First get paid then let the delivery come.

Or you can figure out a 50-50 deal

Deliver your final work when payment is done.

It depends on the work that you are doing.

Try to ask for payment upfront in the first part. After you have finished the first part of the work you should ask for payment for the second part and then deliver the work.

Always check out the companies from where they are from and check what these people are doing. The guy that I was working for was from Bangladesh, promising that he would pay good money for the articles. but he never paid. He also talked very unreasonable and childish. Try to get to know what you client is about.

Make good negotiations and deals with your buyer and then do your work

Avoid to get scammed

I hope that this was helpful to anyone

amasran, Sep 17, 2011 IP
  4. alexdoerr

alexdoerr Peon

Best Answers:
    Many people on these sites are scammers. They ask you to complete the work and do not pay you. Make sure that you check the user reviews there. Ignore accepting projects from new users.

The best way is to accept Escrow payment. It is the safest method to get paid on Freelancer.

alexdoerr, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  5. w3bmaster

w3bmaster Notable Member

Best Answers:
    File a dispute ...

Nothing is 100% guaranteed in life ...

w3bmaster, Sep 18, 2011 IP
  6. sdgroot45

sdgroot45 Peon

Best Answers:
    all you really can do is file a dispute

sdgroot45, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  7. g36

g36 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is typical freelancer scam. Next time, be careful. Work with freelancer.com is safe, only some people there are scammer.

g36, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  8. ContentFox

ContentFox Peon

Best Answers:
    Should ALWAYS ask for payment upfront.

ContentFox, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  9. Max Singapore

Max Singapore Active Member

Best Answers:
    there will always be people trying ti rip off and get a quick buck , but those are the fool cos the real money is long term relationship with stable income .

Max Singapore, Sep 21, 2011 IP
  10. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Always ask partial payment before start work on it, sorry to say there is too many spammer.
    I normally will ask for at least 30% payment before starting work for the big project but never ask for advance payment for the small project.

lifeplayer, Sep 22, 2011 IP
  11. karjen

karjen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you ask for the milestone payment first before accepting any awarded jobs, in that way both employer and employee will have secure transaction regarding payments. I have been working with freelancer.com for 2 years now and I can tell you that they have the greatest support and very prompt on paying you on time when you withdraw your balance to you bank.

karjen, May 7, 2016 IP
  12. whizzkid

whizzkid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should have asked him to create a milestone before startng work. Now, all you can do is to file a dspute and wait for support team.

whizzkid, Sep 10, 2017 IP