1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Wordpress best program for making websites these days?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Captainkirk91, May 1, 2017.

1. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well... i have no clue what you speak of, I live around civilization, nobody uses DIAL UP, even though you stated before people do. You are out your damn mind, and those people need to do better for themselves, if they even still exist. Those people are also not my target market... I'm just saying, if you are still on dial up, you have larger problems than trying to buy a new domain name to brand your business and I can not help you.

however, there is an AMP plugin that makes your site look like ass and then you can view it "fast" on mobile devices and poor connections. But I choose to not associate with outdated trends and bad design

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2017
    locals, Aug 6, 2017 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    NOT talking about dialup, I'm talking about mobile phone and landline cable connections. Dialup you'd be there for three to five minutes EASY... at least on a cache-empty first-time visit to your site.

Not all broadband was created equal. Most of my neighbors have 3mbps down / 1mbps up with latency in the 500ms range EACH DIRECTION. "real world" the 41 file requests JUST for your code alone (since I can't pull an accurate image count) is 27 seconds of HANDSHAKING per file ALONE. Under IDEAL conditions the real world average for 41 files is just under 7 seconds, whilst dialup that would easily be 34 seconds... and that's just handshaking; what goes on BEFORE data even starts being passed back and forth.

... and why on my media center in Vivaldi the whole PAGE takes 24 seconds cache-empty first-load testing, on my workstation in FF it takes 47 seconds, and on my icoo D70GT phone it takes 1:30, chews 4% of the battery life, renders broken, and throws a low memory "Do you want to kill this application" warning.... all using the same landline connection, but the workstation and phone are over the wireless N router.

... and it's pretty well broken in everything here... well, except IE. I think what it does in IE is what it is designed to do.

Though I love how it pulls the sleazy scripting trick to try and fake it being only 13 files... that's classic "We're a bloated mess, but lets like on the statistics and tracking" nonsense. STILL waiting for Google's anti-spam division to clamp down on that one like they do every other sneaky/dubious trick... It's always fun to watch the people run around like chickens with their heads cut off "what did we do wrong" EVERY time Google does an algo update.

... and I mean EVERY damned time. Penguin, Possum, Panda, Pirate -- every year, sometimes twice, "the sky is falling' for all the rubes who fall for sleazy sneaky tricks. SAME way many businesses and organizations end up hunting for someone who can save them from 15K/day+ fines or constant drain accessibility lawsuits.... at which point dropping 15k on having someone fix it RIGHT is pocket change.

ASSUMING they are legitimate enough and strong enough to survive being screwed over by such failings.

deathshadow, Aug 6, 2017 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Your potential customers DO NOT CARE one whit about YOUR location or YOUR connection. They ONLY care about THEIR locations and connections. If you are going to tell them to sod off because it is not convenient for YOU, then you have a piss poor business model. No real business that I know of can afford to LIMIT their potential customer base.

So, either you are TOO RICH to even be playing this game, or you are too dumb to make it work. Either way, you have missed your calling. Do yourself and others a favor and take up knitting to keep your hands busy.

Earthlink still offers dialup. If it was not profitable for them, they would not do it. And I know of lots of locations that cannot get cable, dish, wifi, or even DSL, so they are stuck with dialup. Granted, that is changing fast, and eventually dialup will not be an option. Just 8 months ago I could only get dialup at my other computer. In January 1mb DSL became available, then 12mb in March, and now is at 20mb starting in July, still a far cry from the 100mb here, but one hell of a lot better than the dialup I was forced to endure for 10 years.

mmerlinn, Aug 6, 2017 IP
  4. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My business model does not target people that live in the sticks...

and yeah, visiting my site drains 4% of your cell phone battery LMMuthafuckinAO you are a joke of a man for that statement.

And if it takes someone "a little under 7 seconds" to view my entire homepage "on the first-time" of viewing... like you said because as you know... with my wordpress plugin, even if you land there and then refresh before the first initial 7 seconds ... it still loads in half the time 3.5 seconds LOL. You are a joke for trying to complete with wordpress...

and @mmerlinn just fall out of the conversation now, haven't you figured out your thoughts are worth less than your site and site design

keep in mind, you are using an OBSOLETE operating system... get with the program bro!

sounds like your internet is just as shitty as your website

locals, Aug 6, 2017 IP
  5. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    Assuming by "the sticks" you mean 80%+ of the people living in the US, Canada, Australia, and so forth.

Admittedly, if you're from Europe, Taiwan, Japan, or South Korea, you do mean 80%+ US, Canada, Australia, and so forth as by comparison? Oh yeah.

That pesky population density figure... The US being founded on the ideal of "elbow room, elbow room, got to got to get some more elbow room"... you go to Boston, New York, the major sub-cities on the major interstates -- then sure, 45 to 60mbps all day every day. Sadly that's NOT where most people in the US live no matter how much the census tries to skew the number of what qualifies as "urban". Probably why certain groups like political parties keep getting caught flat-footed every time the non-urban audience turns out to be more people than they think.

Again, the old joke, will it play in Peoria?

You know, could you elaborate on more than just "shitty" or "looks like '89" or whatever? I can at least say "illegible colour contrasts, inaccessible fixed metric fonts, massive waste of whitespace leaving users going "Where's the beef?" so on and so forth in regards to yours, backed by actual things like the HTML and CSS specifications, the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, usability studies and articles at NNGroup...

So far your argument has basically been nothing more than "wah wah, is not".. I mean, are you upset by the "wall of text" content like one of the TLDR mouth-breathers? Is it the use of legible fonts in legible contrasts? The use of plates and document structure to provide a lot of content in a skimmable manner?

What is your ACTUAL objection based on?

deathshadow, Aug 6, 2017 IP
  6. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    First, thanks for the kudo. You admitted that my site IS DESIGNED! Did not expect you to ever agree that it IS DESIGNED and not slopped together.

You have NO clue what obsolete means when talking operating systems.

The computer next to this one is running MacOS 9.2.6 which was new before you were born. Do I want to keep using it? NO! The Micro$hit program I am using cannot be upgraded to ANY other computer because Micro$hit did not provide an upgrade path. I don't have a quarter of a million dollars to hire someone to re-write the hundred thousand plus line program running as I type this, nor do I have ten years to do it myself. So I suffer with it the best that I can knowing that I have no choice in the matter and I keep 36 spare Macs available should anything ever go wrong.

If it were possible, I would upgrade tomorrow, but it will never happen.

mmerlinn, Aug 6, 2017 IP
  7. badger_

badger_ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is how I see the website with Firefox 54.0.1 + Noscript (no, I'm not going to disable it to view your site).

Attached Files:

badger_, Aug 6, 2017 IP
    deathshadow and mmerlinn like this.
  8. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    Like @deathshadow keeps saying, javascript should ONLY be used to dress up a WORKING website. Total fail here.

mmerlinn, Aug 6, 2017 IP
  9. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    But, you're flipping domains/pre-made sites. The problem isn't that your customers might live in the sticks, but that their customers might live there. Your product is not fit for purpose.

kk5st, Aug 7, 2017 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  10. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    HENCE THE PLUS NOSCRIPT PART LOL, meaning you are going out of your way more than the normal user would in an attempt to try and pick apart something that works when a normal person views it

Also, there is NO CONTENT on my contact us page other than the message box and the GOOGLE MAPS code which your apps that you have installed on your browsers subtract... again, not what my typical user is doing

What a buyer does with the domain after they purchase it from me I have no control over, maybe they would like it to look like @mmerlinn or @deathshadow website for some unknown god awful reason. Maybe they want it to look nice for the average person using their cell phone to shop online, in which they are not developers trying to prove their worth for a job to people that do not know any better

LOL my site works, it uses wordpress, and if I cared about what @deathshadow said I would change my theme, in less than 5 minutes, but guess what... him and @mmerlinn are still stuck in the 90s and can not seem to pull their head out of their ass, so their opinion does not matter.

read their posts, one is acting like we still live off of dial up, and the other has an uploaded excel file for a website that he thinks is current...

locals, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  11. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, what a fucking hypocrite you are, all the shit you have posted here lately and you accuse others of having their heads up their ass, your head is wedged so far up your own arse it's no wonder you keep spewing shit all over the forum.

malky66, Aug 7, 2017 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  12. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey, good one their guy! Let's see your site shall we... LOL

locals, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  13. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @malky66 from the UK, how did my site look on your

Win10, Chrome 60.0, 1366x768

Feel free to send screen shots and show everyone what it really looks like LOL

locals, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  14. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    You know what's real comedy here?!? His traffic levels are so low he can apparently identify who's who visiting from UA String values. My sharing the link to that pile of garbage has probably given him more traffic (like five people) than he's seen in months.

deathshadow, Aug 7, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  15. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    ... and that just proves what an ignorant twaddle you really are. NOSCRIPT is a VERY popular plugin. 1.7 million users on FF alone. Chrome you have similar plugins such as scriptsafe... Ghostery is available for both and tells large swaths of your site to sod off on security grounds alone (like all your tracking BS. I'd actually be shocked if your "hey look a visitor, that's got to be DS" would even BE me apart from my Vivaldi UA string being a bit unique, or the calls your server rejected from FF's developer tools.

That's why GOOD scripting enhances a WORKING page. That's why GOOD sites are written with semantic markup, separation of presentation from content, and progressive enhancement -- so that they gracefully degrade scripting off, CSS off, style off, images off, or any other thing that pisses of visitors to your site decide to turn off,.

... and why your site is a giant "F***K YOU!" to VISITORS across the board. Bloated, slow, inaccessible, non-graceful degrading, non-semantic gibberish with illegible colour contrasts and broken screen media layout. At which point it doesn't matter how ***ing pretty it is, it's USELESS to visitors.

As most people here keep trying to tell you.... when in response all you can say about ours is "ew, ugly" without explaining WHAT EXACTLY you mean by that. WE can back our statements with standards, guidelines, specifications, and studies. YOU don't even know enough about those things to be putting forth an opinion in this thread!

deathshadow, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  16. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WOW 1 MILLION PEOPLE, you dont say huh. Those wouldnt be developers would they... and it is a lot easier to track people down as it says that they came from this link and then they post a comment within minutes, you are a dimwit shit LOL how old are you, 50 something like your two other friends LOL get with your age group... the internet is not for you guys ;)

do you just copy and paste your old posts? or are you just too senile to realize you keep posting the SAME BULLSHIT

locals, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  17. bizzinfo@ymail.com

bizzinfo@ymail.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    yet it is! this is now a days a trend for wordpress as it is seo oriented and easy to use readymade. plugins. simple to hand find tutorials on youtube and learn yourself.

bizzinfo@ymail.com, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  18. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @, they (@deathshadow and @mmerlinn) live in a closet... they do not realize how easy it is to completely over haul their website, which is why their sites still look like that

locals, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  19. mmerlinn

Best Answers:
    I just realized something. As of right now @locals has 1664 posts and ONLY 19 likes (1.14%). That pretty much tells us the depth of his knowledge and helpfulness.

If you think it is so easy to overhaul my site, why don't you take a small sample of it, say 1000 pages, and show us how to do it.

mmerlinn, Aug 8, 2017 IP
    locals likes this.
  20. deathshadow

Best Answers:
    No, if I were to do that, it would look like this:

when in response all you can say about ours is "ew, ugly" without explaining WHAT EXACTLY you mean by that.
    when in response all you can say about ours is "ew, ugly" without explaining WHAT EXACTLY you mean by that.

When AGAIN, what we are saying is supported by the HTML speciification, CSS specification, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, usability studies such as those performed by the Neilsen Norman Group...

... and if you can't explain what you mean by that backed by legitimate sources, YOU'RE TALKING OUT YOUR ARSE!!! Hence why ALL of your posts have less meat than your website being nothing more than crybaby "wah wah, ugly me too" bullshit.

Quote SOMETHING, refer to SOMETHING, ANYTHING to support your position. Like say... the HTML standards, which your sites don't meet. Like the CSS standards and reasoning for using CSS... that your sites don't meet. Like the WCAG for making sure your sites meet the needs of as many users as possible... that your sites fail to meet so spectacularly you're telling large swaths of users to sod off!

Again, rendering your opinions in this thread moot.

Those of us arguing against you are backed by facts put forth by the W3C and so forth. Yours has all the legitimacy of shoving a jade egg up a steamed clam whilst ranting about "teh evilz of teh GMO's and vaxxinesies" quoting some Avacado who knows shit about shit... and pull up your pants. Next thing you know you'll start talking about how it's all God's will or somebody else's fault.

deathshadow, Aug 8, 2017 IP