1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is winamp player really the best?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Adrian7, Oct 8, 2007.

1. mark123456

mark123456 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just use iTunes. Screw Winamp and all the other 50 million media players, iTunes plays MP3s and MP4s as well as most video formats, and that way I only need one program to play everything I want (2 if you include WMP for .wmv files)

mark123456, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  2. solar44

solar44 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i use both winamp and vcl player. winamp does not seem to support mp4 files so i use the other one for that.

solar44, Oct 8, 2007 IP
  3. soumax

soumax Guest

Best Answers:
    Winamp rocks in case of MP3s. But I use various other players for movies. My PC is fully loaded with Sotwares.

soumax, Oct 9, 2007 IP
  4. Briongloid

Briongloid Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate Windows Media Player, despise iTunes and absolutely loath Real Player.
    I still use winamp though, and I probably always will, because it's what I'm used to. You just need to make sure to install it with classic skin and knock all the crap off when installing it. I also knock off the agent because who needs one more thing in startup items. Latest version I see also wants to install some "remote" and even has the cheek to install a toolbar - just knock all that crap off too during the install process. Oh and be sure to turn off the anonymous usage statistics too.

I highly recommend installing the klite codec pack which installs media player classic then also installing real player classic. Another nice little player is VLC, which I use for playing DVDs.

Briongloid, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  5. Quizak

Quizak Peon

Best Answers:
    WINAMP was king of kings before they added so many useless features. I wish they just kept skins and visual effects as the only two addons. iTunes for life now, but only on MAC. iTunes on PC is so sssslllloooooowwww

Quizak, Oct 23, 2007 IP
  6. NathanielJ

NathanielJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use winamp for playing mp3s and crystal player for movies

NathanielJ, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  7. Scooter

Scooter Peon

Best Answers:
    I like winamp, people I've told about it also love it and have internet radio playing all day on their 'puters.

Scooter, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  8. Briongloid

Briongloid Peon

Best Answers:
    And let's not forget good ole XMMS. :D

Briongloid, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  9. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    personally, i love winamp. though i will agree and say that version 2 was a hundred times better than version 5 could ever be. i still use winamp on a daily basis so for me, the choice is simple. though i did also like the "plain-ness" of foobar2000 when i tried it a while back. anyways, happy hunting.

ansi, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  10. mark_jump2top

mark_jump2top Peon

Best Answers:
    for me... winamp is the best.
    winamp doesn't occupy a big space... so it doesnt cause the computer to freeze.

other media player causes a computer to freeze specially when you are browsing the web.

mark_jump2top, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  11. sysadm

sysadm Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, best music player by far is amaroK. For now it's only available on Unix platforms (there very many users that switched to Linux only because of this application). But it is coming to Windows very very soon.

When amaroK was first released it brought a revolution. Now many players are copying it's ideas. It was especially great for users with large music databases, it could handle them with ease, could tag music automaticly, was connected directly to last.fm, downloaded covers automaticly, showed lirycs and could connect to wikipedia to bring you info about the artist, it handles mp3 players and usb sticks with ease, tracks your favorite podcasts, and radio stations.... and trough plugins it had tons of other features like streaming etc.

Coming to Windows soon so keep an eye on it http://amarok.kde.org/

sysadm, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  12. FoxHunter

FoxHunter Peon

Best Answers:
    I rarely use Winamp. I never really liked it, not sure why.

FoxHunter, Oct 24, 2007 IP
  13. strife_caecus

strife_caecus Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Winamp on my laptop for MP3s from my library and Shoutcast radio. The discrete toolbar playing controls is handy for keeping Winamp out of the way as I browse the Internet.

I use WMP for playing individual MP3s and videos (in tandem with the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack so I can play unusual formats such as FLV and MKV videos).

On my desktop I use MediaMonkey for playing MP3s from the library as well as iPod-syncing since it's friendlier than iTunes. iTunes doesn't care about syncing songs (especially MP3s) back to your PC in the case your computer's hard drive blows up and your music collection only remains on your iPod. MediaMonkey supports syncing back and forth unlike iTunes' one-way-to-the-iPod approach. I use only iTunes to update the firmware on the iPod.

strife_caecus, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  14. Tropp

Tropp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    winamp used to be great, sadly later versions are bloatware like the others

Tropp, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  15. Oranges

Oranges Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have left winamp few months back, now im on Itunes, and its really working well for me.

Oranges, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  16. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    Winamp used to be the best mp3 player on PC for years, from 2002 to 2005.
    Then many players are on the PCs , they have many features and popular .
    At present winamp is second or third popular(top 2 or top 3 good) in my country .

justinlorder, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  17. TurkeyEater

TurkeyEater Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really like winamp for streaming online radio and tv stations. When it comes to playing a play list though, i use itunes.

TurkeyEater, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  18. Vilshire

Vilshire Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Foobar2000 for mp3 files and VLC for video files. I was a Winamp fan once it was good.

Vilshire, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  19. callmeminty

callmeminty Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always liked winamp.the skins are awesome :eek:

callmeminty, Nov 11, 2008 IP
  20. Flask

Flask Peon

Best Answers:
    i very like winamp. Don't remember which version I have, probably v.3. It doesn't freeze my pc memory, good sound and I can add favorite internet radio broadcasts without removing my playlist. Also I have a lot of interesting skins for it.

Flask, Nov 12, 2008 IP