1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is weight loss niche really profitable?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sach999, Nov 24, 2012.

I hear adsense cpc is about 2$.Is that true?If not what is the actual cpc?

I know it's a very compatible niche.It's almost impossible to rank high on google.

But there many other ways to get traffic if you work hard (like facebook,google plus,twitter etc)

So if the cpc is 2$ and if you can maintain a 5% ctr you can earn 100$ with just 1000 visitors? (about 34 visitors per day!)

If so, why do many people advise not to target weight loss niche?

I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed before.If so be kind enough to post a link :)

sach999, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  2. MinimalBlog

MinimalBlog Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say that maintaining a 5% CTR with that niche would be very hard, you're right in saying that weight loss is a saturated market and is almost impossible to rank with.

Basically using adsense in the way that you described isn't very profitable when considering time and effort, you're probably better off using some sort of affiliate marketing.

MinimalBlog, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  3. Maria James WM

Maria James WM Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Weight loss is one of the highest CPC niche but expecting a ctr of 5% would be really difficult and happens rarely.

Maria James WM, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  4. neforum

neforum Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my sites is a weight loss one, but i've also incorporated affiliate reviews as well. It's still fairly new, so i'm not seeing much traffic on it yet, but am working hard on getting backlinks and also promoting it on the other sites I run.

neforum, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  5. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't think you can say average CPC is $2, no.
    It is more than correct, sure.. Correct for me is $0.1 CPC. So general health niche can earn you $0.2 and more, but don't dream with your $2 CPC..

Also 5% CTR is easier said than done, it requires good ad placement and overall skills/knowledge if you don't plan on using tricks that will be short lived anyway.

I would recommend that you use the traffic you get to ALSO build a mailing list slowly with time, so that you have a reserve of people that you can send back to your site when you have something to show them, because traffic will be hard to come by, so don't waste it like I used to do for years.

JamesColin, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  6. ostenia

ostenia Member

Best Answers:
    It's an extremely crowded space, I'd find some other niche to try. Though if you are some how able to rank in this niche, the reward is extremely high.

ostenia, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  7. MrSuez

MrSuez Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on keywords and how much you're willing to invest. [​IMG] It is an evergreen niche anyways.

MrSuez, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  8. marcialmario22

marcialmario22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, because its cpc is very high. There are lots of fat people here in the US.

marcialmario22, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  9. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you can make a good weight loss site, then i will suggest go for affiliate program, it is better than adsense

lifeplayer, Dec 1, 2012 IP
  10. neforum

neforum Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can do quite a good job just with a Wordpress blog for a weight loss site. There is scope to put both affiliate links and adsense code on there.

I have this one which works quite well for me: http://www.downsize.me.uk

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    neforum, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  11. joey89924

joey89924 Peon

Best Answers:
    working hard on getting backlinks and also promoting it on the other sites ..

joey89924, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  12. cool_78

cool_78 Guest

Best Answers:
    It's quite profitable and if your site manage to rank high, you'll be reaping it in.

cool_78, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  13. Alexgw

Alexgw Guest

Best Answers:
    Weight loss is a high paying niche but it is difficult to get top search rank position in Google. Another issue is about having 5% CTR. It is easy to say to get 5% CTR but in reality it is too high to achieve.

People advice not to target weight loss niche is because of its high competition. Even if somehow you manage to get a decent rank with this keyword, you may loos rank very easily. That's why people usually advice to target less competitive keywords or micro niches. After all dreaming $100 from 34 visitors a day seems very tough.

Alexgw, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  14. Jagike

Jagike Peon

Best Answers:
    In order to have a reasonable chance at this niche, you will need to try and drill down even further or get more specific in regards to weight loss. This will be a hard niche to do this with.

Jagike, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  15. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah.. That's the average CPC that I am experiencing with weight loss niche. I never reached $2 CPC with weight loss niche yet.

dumindushalika, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  16. LanceS2K

LanceS2K Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends, try narrowing your weight loss niche. A example would be something like lose weight men over 40

LanceS2K, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  17. InsidePro

InsidePro Peon

Best Answers:
    That niche is saturated, I would never think about getting into it.

InsidePro, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  18. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can't agree. If you target a micro niche of weight loss, you can easily higher SERPs. That's the method we should use nowadays. Then you can get good traffic and earn money from something like Adsense or other revenue methods.

dumindushalika, Dec 6, 2012 IP
  19. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In case you want to succeed in Weight loss niche, the only way to do it is through offline means - try advertising your site on local newspapers, send out flyers, find out local clinics dealing with these patients and reach out to them. Unless you try out these non-conventional means, you could end up losing quite a bit of money with not much in return.

XooX, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  20. heph

heph Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    try to get into affiliate marketing for the weight loss niche or create an ebook for "how to loose weight blabla"... if you can get 10 buyers from twitter, that sells 20$/each for your ebook. Just forget about google.. they are paying pennies when you could earn big Gs

heph, Dec 9, 2012 IP