1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Wealthy Affiliate A Scam?

Discussion in 'eBay' started by gregdavidson, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    You're right gregdavidson

+ In the long run anyway (1 year for instance) WA is expensive

Lastbutnotleast, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  2. pmarkov

pmarkov Active Member

Best Answers:
    The WA is something everyone should try.

Think about this - $30/mo - is this expensive? How much did you spend last week on unsuccessful PPC? And how much last month? One domain cost almost $8. How many did you registered and forgot about them?

WA is a learning resource. You may subscribe for two-three months and cancel. But what about if you find your money making machine thankful WA?

I am a member of WA. This is the best learning resource money can buy. I will post a WA review at Digital Point Forums > The Digital Point Reviews soon.

pmarkov, Mar 16, 2008 IP
  3. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    For how long are you a member of WA?

Do you think you're making money thanks to this membership and how much?

:rolleyes:

Lastbutnotleast, Mar 18, 2008 IP
  4. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a good guide but don't be naive, no matter how great a guide is you won't earn $2000 a week without actually putting in some serious effort.

Gallito, Mar 19, 2008 IP
  5. YoungGuns

YoungGuns Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I am a newbie (member of WA since January).
    But I'm not a spammer.:mad:
    I have not put one affiliate link in this forum yet, and just to make you happy,
    I won't post any affiliate links in this thread. I am only promoting it currently through adwords and one junk forum (not this one) that I shouldn't of wasted my time on.

I will say that WA is currently the thing to have for any internet marketer, especially affiliates. At least until DoItLikeTheBigDogs comes out :cool: If you don't know what Do It Like The Big Dogs is, just Google it. I am currently not promoting it because I am only 99% sure its legit, and I like to be 100% sure. I will say that the creator of it, Damien Speck (aka crazywaters on WA forum), has some VERY valuable posts on the WA forum. It should be coming out any day now.:)

YoungGuns, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  6. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    WA is actually a very good product it has paid itself back many times over. I personally don't care if someone wants to bash the product because they have either not tried it or subscribed to it. I have taken some very good ideas out of WA forums and threads and monitized them and as of April I will be there for a year. I have thought about dumping the subscription but every time I think about it one of the ideas I have implemented starts monetizing and I just don't do it. I suppose when I find no more use for it I will unsubscribe.

I do not push their affiliate program other than put a few links up on a few sites of my sites that are related. I will stress that I do not recommend products I have not bought or used when it comes to affiliate marketing.

It's like most things in life though many people think that having the plans in hand will draw them wealth. Plans are just that and you have to act on them if you want to be a success.

reapr, Mar 20, 2008 IP
  7. wantmomoney

wantmomoney Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a TOTAL scam! Stay FAR FAR away! ;)

wantmomoney, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  8. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    OK

Here is what is included with the Wealthy Affiliate membership
    - Site Rubix - Website Builder
    - Turnkey Feeder Sites
    - Website Templates
    - Website Development Training
    - One-on-One Support & Coaching
    - Video Training
    - 8 - Week Action Plan
    - Internet Marketing Training Guides & Tutorials
    - The Wealthy Affiliate Forum
    - Keyword Research Tool
    - Clickbank Research Tool
    - Competition Spy Tool
    - Adwords Tools
    - Link Cloaking & Analytics Tool
    - Keyword Lists
    - Access to the WA Jobs System
    - Your Own Space & Blog
    - Goal & Task Management

What can be interesting for an internet marketer who is not a newbie?

Maybe this :
    - One-on-One Support & Coaching
    - Video Training
    - 8 - Week Action Plan
    - Internet Marketing Training Guides & Tutorials
    - The Wealthy Affiliate Forum
    - Keyword Research Tool
    - Clickbank Research Tool
    - Competition Spy Tool
    - Adwords Tools

For the first time can somebody provide some kind of precise review?
    (no copy/paste please)

;)

Lastbutnotleast, Mar 31, 2008 IP
  9. niles

niles Member

Best Answers:
    I am a member of Wealthy Affiliates and really like it. A few tips will easily pay for your membership. It only takes a sale or two to pay for your membership depending on what you promote. You do not have to promote WA. I promote several digital and physical products.

niles, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  10. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol

WA = MLM redone..

the only people making money with this is Kyle and Carson (whoever they are), the owners.

Do you seriously think anyone is going to show step by step how to cut their profits?

Seriously the site reeks of con job....both have 6 years experience in marketing ,

None of the testimonials supplied can be reached for verification......

No proof these two have made more than $0.99

No paypal method of payment???? seems they were banned from there perhaps..

No merchant account?????? can't be too wealthy then

LOL

LOL

LOL

Seriously stop and think before buying more junk...

The real secret to getting rich is writing about how to get rich,,,,,,

:D

Sem-Advance, Apr 19, 2008 IP
  11. emon878

emon878 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why won't you guys just try it before bashing. If its to expensive go grab my
    discount and so it will only cost you $9.99 to try for the first month.

That means I am passing on all my commissions of the first month to you. Why?
    Because I know after you try Wealthy Affiliate you will still stay on there for many
    months to come.

That should tell you that Wealthy Affiliate is no a scam.

emon878, May 24, 2008 IP
  12. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just for an update guys I did finally try it and I unsubscribed after the first month. It's mostly basics that most of you already know about. There are a lot of people in their forums claiming to earn hundreds of dollars a day by writing articles and with their Squidoo Lense yet none of these people reveal exactly what they're doing. I was honestly expecting to find tons of case studies that reveal exactly what some successful affiliate marketers did to get there. I learned more through Wicked Fire Forums and DP (which are free) then I did with WA. Honestly, if you really want to make some serious money you should come up with something like the owners of WA. Just think about it; they're making a steady, monthly income off all their subscribers plus they're getting commissions off anyone who signs up for Google Adwords and Yahoo Search Marketing through their affiliate links. The only reason why a lot of people are staying on is because they're making money through their affiliate program by exaggerating how good WA actually is. If you're an absolute beginner it might be worth it, but if you already know the basics you should keep your money and come up with your own creative ideas.

gregdavidson, May 24, 2008 IP
  13. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    OK,lets start like this and after a while i will lead you through.

What do you consider under "basic" and do you know the basic stuff? How much are you making from Aff. Marketing daily or monthly? Are you making decent living, have you quit your job and do you think that you have enough knowledge to never work for anybody else but yourself again?

p.s.
    I'm not WA member and i never was.

speed100, May 24, 2008 IP
  14. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    OK. I know how to use Adwords, their content network, get traffic through the search engines, and all that good stuff. I also know how to write articles, setup a squidoo lense, and stuff like that. That's what WA is pretty much about. The basic stuff. And "no" I'm not a successful affiliate marketer and I don't feel any of the information on WA is probably going to help me get there. I looked over their forum and didn't find anything really useful besides a bunch of people giving vague stories about their affiliate marketing success. And who wants to pay $30 a month to have access to a forum that should be free anyway?

gregdavidson, May 24, 2008 IP
  15. emon878

emon878 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You obviously did not look around. There are so many resources like squidoo optimization that would help you
    also did you read the $500 and $1000 challenges? Those threads are amazing there are sooooo many good tips
    from people.

emon878, May 25, 2008 IP
  16. speed100

speed100 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are new or not successful IM, than you should stick to only one thing of the things that you mentioned. If you have money to spend than start only AdWords and stay with it, don't let your mind wonder. If you don't have money,than start with articles.
    You said that you know the basic stuff about AdWords, but you forgot the most important one and thats tracking. You have to track everything. Every campaign is profitable if you have the right keywords. Some times this is hard to find if the campaign have a lot of competition.
    I'm not a member of WA, but i bet that they have no less info on how to implement this tactics than any other forum. Sometimes this basic info is more than enough to some people to start earning. Why is this? Because they were lucky to pick up first niche that is profitable and they will have more confidence for starting new campaigns.
    Just don't quit. Sooner or later it will start working for you too.:)

speed100, May 25, 2008 IP
  17. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    For the amount of money they're charging for information that is available for FREE if you look around, they should give you tons of case studies of successful campaigns. They should also have a section with some of the top affiliate programs that people are promoting. Affiliate marketing very confusing because there's so many ways you can go and thousands of available affiliate programs you could join. I've tried few affiliate marketing campaigns and so far haven't had much success. Every now and then I'll get a sign-up through my affiliate banners on my wholesale site but nothing to brag about.

gregdavidson, May 26, 2008 IP
  18. RahXephon

RahXephon Peon

Best Answers:

Absolutely right GUY!! I first started in IM for almost 2 yrs before. But just earn steady profit from just last 3 months because too many things I've done but nothing I sticked with. :mad::mad:

RahXephon, May 26, 2008 IP
  19. Pinup Girl

Pinup Girl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, isnt a scam,I was using it, i just have closed my subscription because now i dont have too much time to work with aff marketing,but i recommend WA,it has a lot of amazing useful tools,its a great site to learn Aff marketing

Pinup Girl, May 26, 2008 IP
  20. gregdavidson

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is a useful tool for absolute beginners. However, it's not going to tell you how to make real money with affiliate marketing.

gregdavidson, May 26, 2008 IP