1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is VPS enough for running a b2c eCommerce site

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by allen f, Nov 12, 2015.

prepare to build a site and start a eCommerce business, I find many people say VPS hosting is good and economical, but I'm wonder if it is enough for a b2c site

allen f, Nov 12, 2015 IP
  2. abdmjz

abdmjz Active Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of traffic are you talking about ? Start with a VPS and then upgrade as you grow. Don't waste your money with idling resources. :)

abdmjz, Nov 16, 2015 IP
  3. web-world

web-world Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If geting loads traffic make sure got enough bandwidth handle all the visitors

web-world, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  4. jeff-ay

jeff-ay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on how busy your eCommerce site is.
    If you have active site now, you should know your server requirements.
    Definitely VPS is one of the options, and most of the time sufficient to handle eCommerce site.

jeff-ay, Nov 20, 2015 IP
  5. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    b2c (business to customer / business site) can be hosted on any hosting that has decent uptime.
    just start with one webhosting and if they have downtimes, restore backup of your website to another hosting.

i think there are alot of quality shared hostings where you can host b2c site for less than $2 month

postcd, Nov 25, 2015 IP
  6. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    Good luck. In obvious it depends upon your site's traffic. Choose some appropriate plan according to your site's traffic. Or trail for it initially. VPS is also fine but its all about your sites activeness.

m.sivarajan, Nov 26, 2015 IP
  7. charlesgan

charlesgan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Start with mid range VPS, that offers at least 1GB RAM. Don't choose anything that offers less than that. And make sure its fully manages, as you are beginner in this and you are getting your first VPS. The control panel wise, you will need WHM and cPanel and this will be the widely supported one. Any issues with it, it can be resolve quickly and you can easily find solution/answer online.
    Take note that running a VPS hosting is unlike shared hosting, you will need some good understanding on the configuration, technical, and server side. Lack of basic knowledge will causes lots of configuration issues that will takes days to resolve.

charlesgan, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  8. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    Yes a VPS server would be fine for your two sites. I would recommend starting with a 1 GB of Ram. You can always upgrade as your site grows. Thats the nice thing about VPS is its easy to upgrade when you need more resources.

Now if this is your first VPS server I would recommend getting a managed VPS account that way you have support with it.

CenTex Hosting, Feb 9, 2016 IP
  9. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its depend what script you use and how many traffic you're expecting.

mentos, Feb 18, 2016 IP
  10. LittleCreek

LittleCreek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you should start with shared hosting. Ask your provider if they can tell you how much resources you are currently using. Then they can make a recommendation and probably move your account to a VPS if necessary.

LittleCreek, Mar 1, 2016 IP