1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is using "my-space bulletin" agains Google Adsense tos?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by ST12, Jul 20, 2006.

1. whitespider

whitespider Peon

Best Answers:
    wow lots of people seem to be losing the plot here - its simple

There is nothing wrong with using My-Space bulletins but there IS is you promote clicks or visitrs to sites that carry Adsense.

Lets say you have 10,000 friends and you send a bulletin saying

"I am going on holiday for 2 weeks see you when I get back"

no problem - not even anything to do with Google!!

If you say "I am going on holiday for two weeks so why not visit my websit at dumdedum.com and click my ads so I have more beer money to spend while I am away"

BIG problem - clear violation of TOS asking for clicks.

Now, what about

""I am going on holiday for two weeks so why not visit my websit at dumdedum.com" ?????

This is what many of you are saying is OK - but sits NOT - it IS a violation as it it artificially inflating impressions.

Any CPM Adwords advertiser will be paying for every time one of your little myspace buddies enters your website whether they click Ads or not and that isNOT fair policy - Google is RIGHT to try and protect those advertisers.

DON'T kid yourself its OK - its NOT OK to rip advertisers off period!

whitespider, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  2. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you use the myspace bulletin in moderation there shouldnt be a problem, there was a thread where someone got banned for using the myspace bulletin but that person has now go there account back. so its up to the individual using myspace to continue or to stop.

chachacallis, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  3. TCR

TCR Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, get real.

1. Just because Google say it is a violation, does not mean that it is ripping off advertisers. Instead, I think that the potential is there and they want to cut it off at the pass, so to speak.

2. Google does not mind when my impressions get "inflated" as you put it thru the use of Adwords etc...There is no ripping off of advertisers in either situation. Myspace Bulletins are essentially an "opt-in" network of people. It is becuase of jerks with accounts of 'hot chicks' w 10,000 'friends' that are spammy, that ruin it for everyone. WHAT THE HELL IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOMEONE CLICKING A LINK IN A MYSPACE BULLETIN OR ON THE SPONSERED LINKS ON GOOGLE? Someone gets paid is what...

3. As far as ANYONE saying "Blah blah Click my ads blah blah..." . EVERYONE knows that is verboten, and that was certainly not being discussed.

TCR, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  4. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have CPM ads disabled.

m0rtal, Jul 30, 2006 IP
  5. mystickcal

mystickcal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Okay I want to take a stab at this cause it seems really fun...Plus I just read though four freaking pages and can't not reply after reading that much lol! Anyways...

I agree with people saying that it is not spam! These people at myspace are agreeing to be your friends, and like mentioned before, they can at any time remove you as a friend if they feel your messages are spam.

I also don't feel that advertisers are getting ripped off...even if they pay by the impression like mentioned above. Yes they are getting charged each time the site is loaded, but these people in myspace clicked on the link to the site in the bulliten for a reason! Because they were interested...

How is that any different then if they come from a link on another site? Its not in my opionion.

Okay now lets see...before I get labeled as a myspace spammer in this forum. I currently use myspace, but I only have 14 friends. :) Just opened up the account like 7 - 10 days ago...And not for bullitens..because my wife made me! :)

Also, I use both Google Adwords and Adsense, and I'm sure my ad gets blasted on these people's sites that are doing this, yet I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off...

I know everyone is different in here and I do agree with the people on the other side that say it is spam in the sense as...why would you want to even mess with something sooo iffy... I mean we all know google has strict program policies, and we know there isn't currently any other ad services out there that pay as good...(at least ones that arn't in beta) So why even risk it? And like it has been said. I might not feel that its spam, sundaybrew might feel that it is spam...but does it really matter if we think it is or not? Because in the end it will be if Google decides it is and you get banned or not. So why argue it?

EDIT: nvm

mystickcal, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  6. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's actually from

Jul 20th 2006, 5:43 pm

so you're not too late ;)

m0rtal, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  7. mystickcal

mystickcal Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol I'm such a doofus... I looked up at your join date and was just so tired that I well you know... lol

mystickcal, Aug 4, 2006 IP