1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Twitter with marketing good?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by blog8491, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alyoung

alyoung Peon

Best Answers:
    Tweet regularly to build relationships and try to get value to your tweets. Don't be spammy and the traffic will come.

alyoung, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  2. LinkBuilder2009

LinkBuilder2009 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just like DP Twitter is addicting but you must know how to play with it

LinkBuilder2009, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  3. sumit1710

sumit1710 Peon

Best Answers:
    I must start using it..but i don't like
    Twitter interface much...

sumit1710, Mar 13, 2009 IP
  4. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter interface is not well designed, but mechanism to communicate with friends is powerful than facebook.

blog8491, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  5. ArticleWriting

ArticleWriting Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter is great if used in the right way. in fact as a business u should publicize your twitter id anywhere and everywhere possible incl your website

ArticleWriting, Mar 18, 2009 IP
  6. stefjames

stefjames Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a great way to connect with people in your niche.

stefjames, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  7. keithd17

keithd17 Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter has certainly gained a lot of popularity over the past few months. Seems like all of the TV stations here in the South Florida area are jumping on the band wagon with it. If you market properly it can be a great tool. You want to be careful of building a huge list and then just spamming offers to buy your items. You need to provide real value to your followers and throw in a few sales here and there. I do not even do that, I direct people to my pages for free stuff once they are there they can see other things that they may decide to purchase. Twitter is about being social and building relationships, not just marketing.

keithd17, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  8. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I am thinking of adding Twitter to a site of mine and give it a "persona". Imagine something like "(site name) is feeling cold". LOL!

Ibn Juferi, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  9. David Hurley

David Hurley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    AMac08 hit the nail on the head when he said "I always follow interesting people".

Ration the number of promotional links. Intrigue, interest and entice people with your posts, be generous in linking out to other sites of interest, sent replies to interesting posts, direct mail some people who you might be able to work with etc. Then, once every so often, tweet a link back to your blog or website or whatever. Try to make it sound interesting too!

David Hurley, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  10. Anna B

Anna B Peon

Best Answers:
    i read in a ebook about twitter - i think it was written by marko saric or sth like that... good ebook about twitter btw... I read about spreading the news and retwitting a story... from this ebook:
    "In total, these 31 readers retweeted my blog post title, my URL and in most cases my Twitter
    username to 23,429 followers. In many different forms and shapes and with 4 different URL
    shorteners. The two URL’s I can track show a total of 483 clicks to my site."
    So, from potential 23k people only 480 clicks - i would not say this is impressive ...

Anna B, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  11. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ugh.

Is there anybody here who even has a Twitter page?

copper12, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  12. IMdude2000

IMdude2000 Peon

Best Answers:
    twitter is very good, if you have a lot of followers and build relationships

IMdude2000, Mar 19, 2009 IP
  13. David Hurley

David Hurley Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Assuming those clicks were unique visits that is a click-through rate of about 2%. But 480 Twitter visitors from one blog post is quite nice.

Of course what we really need to know is what percentage of those 480 clicks did anything while on the site...

David Hurley

David Hurley, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  14. srinivas26

srinivas26 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Twitter is a very good tool for marketing. Its very useful tool

Regards,
    Srinivas.

srinivas26, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  15. TheBlogBuilder

TheBlogBuilder Guest

Best Answers:
    I have over 900 followers on Twitter and seriously, who has time to be "tweeting" to try to make a relationship with 900+ people? Especially when most of them are only on Twitter to market their OWN products.

I guess I just don't get it. It just hasn't worked for me.

TheBlogBuilder, Mar 23, 2009 IP
  16. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook has copied twitter, Any idea about it?

blog8491, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  17. swissjohn

swissjohn Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a bit of code from these guys that helps create great traffic and can also be used as a lazy mans way to twittering (as if it's hard work!) http://twitthis.com/ The code puts a icon on your blog/site where people can twitter the post they are reading to their followers.

Kind regards

John

swissjohn, Mar 24, 2009 IP
  18. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I use the twitthis plugin in my browser to tweet about interesting articles I find, and I'll usually get it RT'd a few times for each post.
    It's a great plugin

Brandon Sheley, Mar 25, 2009 IP
  19. dinkster

dinkster Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a great way to gain an insight into your customers or prospects daily lives. You can use the information for product development or even content for your blog. If its a hot topic on twitter then write an article about it and post it on your blog, then Tweet the URL on Twitter (or use a wordpress plugin as mentioned above).

In much the same way as email helps your prospects/customers build confidence in you, Twitter does too, as long as you use it correctly and make sure your Tweets are good quality. The problem I'm experiencing at the minute is there are a lot of people that are either a) just promoting their own products all the time, like very hour or b) tweeting every 15 mins with what they're up to at that time of the day. i.e i'm just watching tv; now I'm eating my lunch; now i'm just washing the dishes after eating my lunch etc etc. You get this a lot on Facebook status' and it seems to have made its way over to Twitter.

If people used similar principles to email marketing then Twitter is a great way to generate traffic to your site. Yeah sure you can tweet about what your doing or have been doing, but within reason, not 100 times a day. So don't forget to also 'provide value' in what you tweet about.

A great little app to use rather than the Twitter web page is Tweetdeck. This organises your Tweets into manageable columns and allows you to set groups etc enabling you to section the people you are following who DO provide the real value. It also has a built in feature that uses uses Twurl, SnipR etc to shorten the URLs that you submit :)

dinkster, Mar 26, 2009 IP
  20. blog8491

blog8491 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Any wordpress plugin to make wordpress blog as a Twitter aggregater. For an example, when some twitter user update the status, i need the update in a wordpress blog.

blog8491, Apr 6, 2009 IP