1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Twitter good for you ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by rohnsmith, Jun 26, 2010.

1. snow

snow Member

Best Answers:
    Actually i dont use twitter because i am not interested in others life. What do i do; if you are going out for the party tonight or having exams going on or any other stupid twits.

snow, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  2. JoeBauer

JoeBauer Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is a good tool but only when you or your team has extra resources. It wont be a thing for a day or two. you will always need to think of ways to substain the buzz.

totally agree with the spam part. it will harm you even more if the twitter account is one rarely maintained.

JoeBauer, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  3. lxguy

lxguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Though I am now using twitter,I don't know how much I can benefit from it. What's more,it is blocked in PRC.

lxguy, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  4. seanyang5918

seanyang5918 Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter only provide some traffic, but not the traffic what you hope. most of followers are other people trying to sell you something

seanyang5918, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  5. SOULZRIPPER

SOULZRIPPER Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter hasn't been beneficial to me so far. But let's see how it goes for my website!

SOULZRIPPER, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  6. hack0si

hack0si Peon

Best Answers:
    i used twitter marketing stuff briefly and now i feel i may get back into it soon

hack0si, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  7. teamcityweb@live.com

teamcityweb@live.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is good but some modifications needed

teamcityweb@live.com, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  8. josechukkiri

josechukkiri Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are quite right. What you told is my problem also. How I can learn about twitter usage properly. Is there any tutorial for that?

josechukkiri, Jul 16, 2010 IP
  9. GekiDan

GekiDan Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right. Twitter traffic really depends on the number of followers you have... :(

GekiDan, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  10. swiftsaves

swiftsaves Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    great for us .have 4 or 5 account but only one have 270 followers .This account generating good money for us .So far have made $5 in Just 2 to 3 days .Its just start .I wish i have more followers on this account .

swiftsaves, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  11. yaseen4u

yaseen4u Peon

Best Answers:
    you can get more visitor by twitter

yaseen4u, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  12. Jmontana

Jmontana Peon

Best Answers:
    How can i learn about twitter. i am using it but not in effective way....

Jmontana, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  13. Johnburk

Johnburk Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it swiftsaves?

Johnburk, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  14. bluemouse2

bluemouse2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long as you can find targeted followers Twitter can be very good for your business.

bluemouse2, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  15. jhonnydepp

jhonnydepp Peon

Best Answers:
    definitely its wonderful even big celebrities are doing promotions of their movies,songs and everything so this is gonna be a big and big in upcoming years...

jhonnydepp, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  16. usjargen

usjargen Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't waste your time with twitter traffic as its total waste of time.

usjargen, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  17. digduggg

digduggg Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it can be valuable, although I rarely use it myself

digduggg, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  18. aaz48

aaz48 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes. it is very good site to promote your site when you have many fllower

aaz48, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  19. gmoisescu

gmoisescu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "twitter is good if have a lot of followers"...You're right .

Here is how to get this followers:

How do you get more Twitter followers? Some may argue that it requires posting good tweets at a particular frequency or following good tweet etiquette while others say that it all boils down to driving traffic to your Twitter page and following people so they in turn follow you. Let's explore those two arguments.

What We Can Gather From the Most Popular Twitter Users

If you go to twitterholic.com, you can see the users with the most number of Twitter followers. If you have a quick glance over the list, you'll see that most of these users are already famous in real life, whether because they have a successful business or because they are a celebrity. It's not like they built their Twitter profiles from the ground up and accumulated so many Twitter followers because they write good tweets. However, this doesn't mean that you're doomed not to gain a good following just because you're not famous.

The Way You Use Twitter Has Little Importance

If you are worried that the frequency of your tweeting or the quality of your tweeting is what primarily affects the number of followers you get, quit obsessing. You must treat your Twitter account just as you would any one of your other websites. The key to success is driving traffic to your site. In the big picture, obsessing about your tweeting habits is really not going to make a difference. The idea is to maximize your visibility just as you would on your own blog. To come up with marketing strategies for getting more people to go to your Twitter page and follow you, think of some incentives for why those people would want to follow you.

Strategies for Increasing Your Twitter Following

Make your Twitter profile follow you wherever you go. Make sure you add a link to your Twitter page at the end of emails and forum signatures. Put links to your Twitter page on your other social media profiles. If you have an online business or application, consider using Twitter for tech/customer support. Try setting up a contest or giveaway on your Twitter page. You can also create a free tool and advertise it on your Twitter page. One of the exceptions to the rule of not worrying about tweeting etiquette is using tweets to link to articles of interest to your followers. This helps you build a following.

One of the most effective strategies for increasing your Twitter following is following other Twitter users. When you follow new users, those users usually follow you right back. The downside to this tactic is that if you start following many people in a short time on Twitter, you risk being labeled a spammer. So if you are looking to build a long-term strategy and a legitimate Twitter profile, you'll probably want to follow people gradually. One way you can do it is start following a bunch of people to get them to follow you in return, and then cut down the number of people you follow to make your profile look legitimate. The problem with following too many people is that you are overloaded with tweets and it can be difficult to actually keep up with anyone.

In conclusion, there are two ways to approach Twitter when building your following. You can use it to get immediate traffic to your websites or you can use it to network and converse with your followers to build rapport. How you decide to build your following and use Twitter depends on the end goal you'd like to achieve. If you follow these simple methods though, you're bound to increase your followers, no matter what your motive may be.

gmoisescu, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  20. crudeexperts

crudeexperts Peon

Best Answers:
    Really great strategies thanks for sharing.

crudeexperts, Jul 21, 2010 IP