1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is top100webshops.com any good?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by debunked, Jun 3, 2004.

We received an e-mail from top100webshops.com, do you think new sites like this (has PR7) are any good? They want a backlink with their logo, etc

Any input, good or bad please. I am more leary to add links to and from some of these kinds of sites, but I don't always have the time to research and make sure they don't steal a page from your site and steal your keyword phrases. (On purpose or not on purpose, I have seen cases of both.)

debunked, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  2. eCommando

eCommando Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe they have been around for a while. They are changing their directory structure to add more sub categories. I hope they don't bury the links too deep inside the pages.

eCommando, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  3. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It’s a very strong directory when it comes to page rank but when you check to see how many pages are indexed by Google it’s extremely low. It’s kind of strange, I expected a very good indexing with such good Page Rank on the topic pages.

stoner3221, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  4. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    odd that more pages aren't cached.

do you think it's just a matter of time?

disgust, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  5. stoner3221

Best Answers:
    If it’s very new then that’s the reason. If it’s over three months old then it’s in serious need of professional SOE work. The copyright is 2004 so I would guess it’s new.

stoner3221, Jun 4, 2004 IP
  6. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It has a high PR for being new, but if you look, it calls all its pages index then it adds a variable, so that might be how they do it. index?catagory-etc..

debunked, Jun 4, 2004 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Dynamic pages are always indexed slower. Google indexes them slower intentionally because dynamic pages generally are more of a load on the server to generate. So they have said they intentionally throttle back the indexing speed for dynamic (looking) pages.

digitalpoint, Jun 4, 2004 IP
  8. stoner3221

Best Answers:
    I have been sating that for a year now but normally I get an abundance of arguments to the contrary. I’ve seen it on many web directories, some not getting indexed at all using over 3 parameters.

stoner3221, Jun 4, 2004 IP
  9. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    My site's been on Top100 for a couple weeks now. I haven't noticed anything in google yet, but the ARE sending me some useful targeted traffic! Isn't that what it's really all about anyway?

nfzgrld, Jan 5, 2005 IP