1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this wierd for spiders ..!

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by eliasmoosa, Apr 8, 2006.

hi,
    SEMrush
    When I send a spider to spider www.mydomain.com/folder it does that properly , when i SEND IT TO SPIDER THE SAME FOLDER , but through subdomain.mydomain.com which is a subdomain attached to that same folder , it can't see except the index page !! although the subdomain.mydomain.com works perfect in the browser , why is that ???

eliasmoosa, Apr 8, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically a spider sees the same page as a browser. Maybe with your URL, it would be easier to help.

By the way, what do you mean by 'When I send a spider...' ? Did you write you own spider script ?

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  3. eliasmoosa

eliasmoosa Guest

Best Answers:
    Well,
    No actually I meant these spiders that comes with some scripts , like site map creators and so on .. but still I mean why they read www.domain.com/A

BUT

Can't read www.A.domain.com they are both the same folder !!!

eliasmoosa, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  4. softplus

softplus Peon

Best Answers:
    Then your webserver is configured wrong :)

And seriously, why would you want to publish the same content under multiple URLs? It's just asking for trouble... Don't do it! Pick one and stick to it.

softplus, Apr 11, 2006 IP