1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this under the rules? I guess not!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by eduardomaio, Aug 19, 2005.

1. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Evidently someone must have contacted the webmaster before google came in to check teh place out? I dont see these illegal ads that everyone is arguing about, yet I do see google ads throughout the site.

SportsOutlaw, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  2. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You are probably correct. Of course IMHO, that was the appropriate thing to do. You would be surprised how quickly people react at a nice friendly email.

Mia, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  3. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, not to restir the pot here, but in all honesty, there are people out there that are clueless about the T.O.S. that adsense has. I know because I was one of them. I never used to read that stuff. It wasn't until I came across this website that I realized just how seriously google took that stuff and decided I had better give it a read.

SportsOutlaw, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  4. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Yah, it's a pretty boring read. Most of TOS is simple common sense. eg- Hmmm l'me see, is it OK to encourage visitors clicking my ads? I am sure Google advertisers won't mind if I click my own ads a few times a day? :rolleyes:

Homer, Aug 23, 2005 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You are exactly correct. That is why I really think the benefit of the doubt applies in many cases. It's pretty easy to distinguish something innocent and something intentional when it comes to this. Though sometimes it is not. Before going off all gung hoe and half cocked and getting someone banned, purpose express the courtesy of letting them know what they are doing, in a NICE way.

Again, you'd be pretty surprised at the response.

Mia, Aug 23, 2005 IP