1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this under the rules? I guess not!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by eduardomaio, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Worldwid

Worldwid Peon

Best Answers:
    So what are you angry about Gadood? That you live in a world with good citizens? Most of the people on this forum are good-hearted people and despise cheaters, you wont find many people here even grasping the concept of your argument - wrong is wrong. I bend more then a few rules myself, but deceiving people into clicking the ads, or any other form of click fraud is over the line I draw. Anyone I come across commiting some form of click fraud (in my mind) gets a report to google and they can be the judge.

Worldwid, Aug 19, 2005 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Some sort of click fraud is placing images above our ads. Some sort of click fraud is blending them into our content. Some form of click fraud is making links to our articles indistinguishable from links to Google ads. Some form of click fraud usually coincides with a raise in CTR.

Some form of click fraud is generally ignored, but woe-betide the 'cheaters'.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Out come the Google police again. Have you actually looked at the entire site. They look very legit, and have a great deal of content on all their pages. It looks to me like this page just has not yet been populated with content. Go to http://www.chooseyouritem.com/ and look around a bit. You will see things like "Choose your classic car", Select from below, etc... none of which points to google ads specifically. I really think that the entire site is legit, and this is one page that either has not been completed or slipped through the cracks.

No offense intended to those that wonder aimlessly around the net looking for scraper sites to report, but wouldn't your time be better spent building sites with content? Let Google do their job. It is after all their system.

Anyway, have a nice weekend!

Mia, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  4. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe I should go to the site before saying anything, but what I wrote still fits if someone is cheating.

debunked, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, ditto.

The page is in violation though. If it's "under construction" they should take the Adsense off until it's ready - i.e. has content other than Adsense directly under something saying "click below".

GuyFromChicago, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I agree... I just find it odd that the entire site is rather well built, very organized, and full of content with Google AdSense in some very non-obvious areas. Save for that one page, I cannot see anything bad going on. It looks pretty innocent to me. But again, it's up to Google really.

Mia, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  7. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    True, but who are we to enforce Googles TOS? Violation or not, it does not look like this is one of those typical crap scraper sites. It looks like an innocent mistake. I lean more towards the "notify them directly" if you get bent out of shape. Send a nice note like, hey, I would hate to see you lose your adsense account... in case you did not know one of your pages may be in violation of Googles TOS. Just one AdSense guy to another trying to help you out.

I think that would be a bit more appropriate rather than screaming bloody murder.

Mia, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    lol, mia, seems like you need glasses... that page is nothing but a page asking people to click on the ads, no content at all except for a tiny bit of text stufed at the botom

fryman, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I realize that, but doesn't it seem odd that they would do this intentionally given the fact that the entire site is quite involved? I found no other such instance of a page like this anywhere on their site. I just think it is a bit strange and still wonder if it is intentional. Seriously.. Look at the whole site. I actually got locked into it, like I need another toy!

I'm not defending the site, I just think it is a bit odd. That and I think it might be better to either:

A. Let Google do their job
    or
    B. Send a nice (FRIENDLY) note to the site owner like I mentioned in a previous post.

Or both....

It's been a long week. I need to get out of here. Time to ride!

Mia, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  10. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Maybe it is just a doorway page? Although it sure seems dumb to put adsense on a doorway page, that can only mean trouble

fryman, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  11. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    "We're" the people paying the $ on any clicks generated outside of the agreement publishers agreed to when they signed up for the Adsense program.

If it's an innocent mistake Google will just send an e-mail informing the webmaster to correct it. When you report something you're just pointing Google in the right direction...they decide if it's a mistake or intentional based on a number of factors. They have a lot more information available about the publisher's habits than anyone else.

GuyFromChicago, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  12. Error

Error Peon

Best Answers:
    May be it is created by one of their employees or the web developer who has access to the site or something like that. But anyway, I think it should be reported to google as it devaluates the entire programme and leaving it is like shooting ourselves on foot.

Error, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  13. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Oh my godness :eek:. I must say your perspective on this really sucks!

We must all do our best to keep this program clean. AdWords and AdSense are the finest programs going. Particularly when I look at my AdWords account this sort of thing makes me ill...it's just not the kind of ad exposure I'm looking for. This type of action should be reported everytime we see it. This is how the email sig reads when you report click fraud:
    Yes, I gave you the red stuff and signed it, nothing against you just your attitude towards this. It takes 1 minute out of your day to report it :rolleyes:.

Homer, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  14. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:

Google is my customer. Adwords users are Google's customers, and by extension my customers. I actually want my customer's to be succesful because they help make me and everyone else succesful.

Like I mentioned before, you are clearly naive and ignorant of a lot of things relating to business. You are bound and determined to learn things the hard way. If you can't see why it is not important to help keep the program clean and running smoothly, than I ask you politely to re-consider your participation in the program.

aeiouy, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  15. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way I find that funny coming from the person advertising the king bloom directory. The one that gives me Vioxx, Meso and Lawyer ads when I do a search on some very random phrase.

aeiouy, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  16. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Please, how important and valuable do you deem yourself to be to Google? You're not. Reporting a few sites here and there is a pointless pass time only carried out by those who masturbate in front of a mirror or like to brown it with authority, hoping somehow that their contribution 'brought down a criminal', such is the power that they hold, of course. Splutter.

Google have and are no doubt developing and refining their own methods at catching those in breach of policy. Take care of your business and leave Google to sort out the 'crooks' in their midst - it's a more immediate concern of Googles, don't let it be yours. That's paranoia and very silly looking at it as a whole. You aren't required to do anything to /help/ Google. They don't need it!

I'm not sure you realise how large Google is and how small your contributions are, whatever they may be - whether it's a dollar in their pocket or 1 lousy e-mail reporting someone in breach of policy. It's nothing. Nothing at all, don't fool yourself in to thinking you're doing something for the good of man-kind. You aren't. Don't pat yourself on the back after clicking 'send' on those report e-mails. You don't deserve it.

I myself help keep the program clean by keeping my sites clean and within policy. That's enough. The rest is up to Google. It's on them. You can't help and you're the one living under a naive illusion sir.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  17. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    And I had the courtesy to respond to your question about that in the following thread, but you never answered me back. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=24901

I guess I will ask again. WTF are you talking about? Can you be a bit more specific. Provide me with an example of this.

We do have "Sponsored Links". You are not going to see Vioxx and Meso ads for every search term. You will however see sponsored links which are listed at the END of every search listing, not the beginning. Nothing shady there.

Now can you provide me an example of what you are talking about please?

Mia, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  18. programmer

programmer Guest

Best Answers:
    that's totally against the google adsense TOS. Fuck cheeting. If any one report google they will be banned

programmer, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  19. TooHappy

TooHappy Guest

Best Answers:
    Perhaps rather then report this to Google, you could spend a little time looking at the site, determine if it's intentional and act appropriately. If it looks like a mistake, contact them and let them know rather than assume they are out to commit a Google Crime.

TooHappy, Aug 19, 2005 IP
    Mia likes this.
  20. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That page looks totally out of place. Maybe it is missing the main body by error?

All other pages viewed on the site are complete and their is a lot more work done, than what I have seen on most made-for-adsense sites.

I bet it is a fluke, something orphaned, or such.

But I don't think google would ban the guy for that page unless he has a few of them and is using them for some sort of doorway. Google may say to fix the page if it was reported though.

debunked, Aug 19, 2005 IP