1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this under the rules? I guess not!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by eduardomaio, Aug 19, 2005.

1. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I consider it my, and every other Adword user's business. It's my $ on that page and it's wasted if users are deceived into visiting my site.
    SEMrush

GuyFromChicago, Aug 19, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok not a fraud, just on par with a Christian who humps his wife before he's married. You don't got the whole hog and that's a damn shame. Maybe it's because you yourself are in breach of Googles SE policies.

I don't know any genuine and honest reason you feel it your duty to report sites that breach policy, just as I don't know any honest reason those eBay copyright hunters do what they do. It's something within, and it's rancid.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  3. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Really? Most of us in here would have extremely low CTR's if we weren't decieving visitors of our sites using AdSense to varying degrees.

It's a given the content network delivers a far lower conversion then the search . Reporting a few sites here and there that probably get nack all visitors is a waste of your time. Leave it to Google to send their warnings or remove them.

Why do you really do it?

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  4. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    How many advertisers give up on adwords because they feel they are getting cheated by cheaters. The rules are there for a reason as is the report option. These cheaters will only hurt all the honest sites by lowering payouts, lowering advertisers and resulting in more public service ads.

Roman, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  5. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    *grabs popcorn from Googles76*

Pete - I don't think most people here actually go out looking for people to report to Google. But when one comes across a site that's breeching the terms of service, it's best to simply report them.

Lpspider, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  6. Lpspider

Best Answers:
    Oh Pete, one more thing. Why are you so strongly against people reporting stuff to Google? Feeling a little guilty?

7. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    They give up on the content network because it delivers poor and always will because of its nature. The 'cheaters' have very little effect on it's performance, it just takes common sense to fatham that. The cheaters are and always will be miniscule, delivering minimimal clicks while the sites not in breach delivery the overwhelming chunk.

The content network doesn't work well for advertisers and never will. Reporting a few sites here and there that violate policy is rediculous. You may aswell report the sites 'decieving' users by disguising the ads in with content - heck, report Google to itself for giving us link units to look like site navigation while you're at it - that's sure to drive down conversions for the advertisers with visitors thinking they we're clicking within the site, and not an advert.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  8. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Not at all. My sites are as clean as a whistle. I'm against the general attitude of reporting people for things that shouldn't really concern them.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  9. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    I'd say for the same reason I vote during the elections. Yea, I'm just one guy with one vote but I believe there are other people out there who share my values and beliefs and that they will vote too.

It's either that or I'm just playing the odds that the vocal minority can beat the silent majority:)

10. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd sooner place a bet on elections then vote, and I did with Bush. £3,000 I lopped on - my last shot at staiving off bankrupcty. He came up trumps and I was £3,500 richer. That was a shakey night.

It's the only use I've ever found for elections. That paid for content, my first website project and it's providing a nice revenue up to now. Man, I love George Bush. :eek:

Christ I don't know. I'd just rather we lived without other people poking their nose in others business. I don't like it and believe we should get on with our own business and if there's people out there doing naughty things, let them be caught out. It's not our concern.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  11. Lpspider

Best Answers:
    Yes, they have a minimal effect now, but if they're allowed and no one reports them and google doesn't catch them, their will be more and more cheaters, and then it will have an effect.

Smyrl likes this.
  12. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    You must own many succesful businesses.

aeiouy, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  13. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Google can handle it. It's ultimately up to them. They monitor sites and cheaters will be caught. Reporting a tiny fraction of the cheaters overall is nothing but a waste of anyones time if you ask me, and then there's the whole attitude that influences the 'AdSense Police' which just stinks to me. Putrid.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  14. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    I don't disagree with that. Where we disagree is that I consider it my business and you don't. That's probably something that neither of us will be able to change the other's mind about.

Smyrl likes this.
  15. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    More then likely, unless you realise the effect of you reporting a tiny ammount of sites has overall.. and why it's really not worth bothering with, and leaving to Google. ;):D

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  16. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I think cheaters take up a susbtantial part of the content network revenue at this time. It is not anywhere close to being cleaned up and until it is it is going to hurt legitimate publishers and scare off advertisers.

That is a ridiculous statement. Of course the content network has the potential to be versy succesful. In order to do so, however, it is going to have to become much more strict in terms of what is and is not allowed.

You may see blending ads become against the TOS at some point, if they are leading to increased click-throughs with out any actual results for the advertisers. This is a push and pull and the publishers want to get as much money as possible while the advertisers want to spend as little as possible. The cheaters hurt both of those things.

I don't know what else to say to you.. You don't seem to have a real good grasp on business basics, nor do you seem to even really understand how and what drives the adsense and adword programs.

We will report those people who are in violation so you don't have to... I don't go out of my way looking for such things, but if I do see a violation I will report it.

I suggest you go out and open a real brick and mortar business, then get some competitors to do things to you that are 1/10th as slimy as some of the adsense publishers do, and then come back and talk to me about how it is a waste of time.

I guess most people are just destined to learn life's lessons the hard way.

aeiouy, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  17. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    And unless you realize that if everyone had an apathetic attitude nothing would ever get accomplished...;) :D

Sometimes you have to just agree to disagree.

18. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Look, we aren't Google employee's nor enforcers of policy. Google will do what's nessasary and FAR more then we ever could to stop the cheaters and keep their advertisers happy. It's not our job and if it's crucial Google will handle it. They do already - as witnessed in here by the number of banned posts.

They will get around to them all and improve their methods of catching cheaters.. we really don't need to do anything but deliver more traffic to *our* sites - that would help far more then reporting 1 cheater delivering a poxy ammount of clicks that's value to the advertiser could be disputed either way in comparison to sites disguisting the ads *within* policy.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  19. GuyFromChicago

Best Answers:
    It's actually kind of funny we're talking about this right now. I did a blog entry on a new(?) feature I noticd today that allows you to report blog spam and other objectionable content with a click of a button. Seems to me like Google wants our help in some areas.

Here's a clip of what Google had to say:

You can read the whole thing if you want here.

20. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As an adwords buyer I don't turn on the content search for that very reason. Myself and other advertisers are happy to have these theives caught and stopped.

p.s. I am a christian who waited til after being married before we jumped into the sack.
    Do you have a problem with that pete? Strange that you are so interested in others in that area.

debunked, Aug 19, 2005 IP
    Smyrl likes this.