1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this under the rules? I guess not!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by eduardomaio, Aug 19, 2005.

Check this out, this one says "Please select a car cover company below:" but below are Adsense ads...

http://www.chooseyouritem.com/car-covers.html

Why do people keep cheating? They get caught sooner or later!

eduardomaio, Aug 19, 2005 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  2. alph

alph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, I'd say it's over the TOS line. Report them to G.

alph, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  3. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    Mabye if they had something above or below it, it would be cool. But since it's just that, it's pretty blatant.

exaro, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  4. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Why must people involve themselves in others business?

Let Google e-mail the publisher when the time comes and they will advise them of the breach of policy.

Keep an eye on your own sh** and don't worry what others are doing. It's hardly a neighbourhood watch scheme. You could join the eBay groups who go around hunting down piracy violations and reporting items to eBay so they're removed, but really, why bother? Leave it for the sad sack geeks who are bitter about their own short-comings.

Christ all mighty. Report them to G indeed.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
    brittanyk likes this.
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    That is just a dumb comment... so, if you see someone in the street bleeding you just think "hey, why should I call 911? Let the Red Cross find him and deal with it"

People like that should be reported, they are breaking the TOS.

fryman, Aug 19, 2005 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  6. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Tetchy Fryman raises his head again. Have you lost more rankings or AdSense dollars?

How can you compare someone in need of medical assistance with someone breaching a policy of some sort. You are simply, quite insane.

It's not ours or anyone job to report anyone to Google. That's for Google to deal with and it's for the individual publisher to decide, whether knowingly or unknowingly to breach the policy and face the consequences.

If I see a guy pissing in the street after a night out, I certainly aren't going to report him to the police for breaking the law. It's petty and it's really no-one's business but the person violating the law or policy and those who'se job it is to monitor or enforce it.

People who report other people for petty things that don't concern them are the lowest of the low and have 'issues' with theirself imho.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  7. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I guess google's new option to report these people by clicking the feedback link is just for decoration, huh?

fryman, Aug 19, 2005 IP
    aeiouy likes this.
  8. alph

alph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Answer:

We are all (assumed to be) in the "adsense business". The site mentioned negatively affects the overall perception of adsense, and angers the adversiter who then chooses to place their ad dollars somewhere else.

alph, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  9. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh please, placing images above your ads and disguising them as content as most do on here also has the potential to do just the same.

Now some genuine and honest reasons why some people feel it nessasary to 'report' others, please? I'll be here waiting...

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  10. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Because people who cheat the system are stealing money from advertisers and other publishers competing for those same ads.

I don't particularly appreciate, fancy nor condone people who are trying to steal from me.

Beyond that it is just bad for business. People cheating the systems impact advertisers and their desire to use the content network. That hurts ALL legitimate publishers.

I will stop worrying about them when they stop trying to steal money from other people.

You are extremely naive. I don't have any problems with people reporting those breaking the rules. This is business and it is serious. It is not a game and it is not a toy.

aeiouy, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  11. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    lol, we don't really need to convince you, I couldn't care less if you report them or not, I do and wil continue doing it to keep all this crap out of the program. As alph said, when advertisers see that kind of junk is when they stop advertising on websites and just stick to the search page

fryman, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  12. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    What a bunch of stale old ladies you are.

Google can deal with it, and if you think you're doing some sort of service, or even helping yourself by reporting a handful of publishers who you /decide/ are breaching the terms and who you decide are /purposely/ breaching the terms.. you're not drinking with me because you're a boring old hag.

Me? I'd rather make my sites, monetize them.. live, and if the day comes I get tetchy about people who go around breaching policies I'll blast my head off. It's shameful.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
    Lpspider likes this.
  13. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Damn, and I wanted to hang out with you and have some beers...

Oh, well, I'll have to live with that...

fryman, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  14. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Why don't you start a group who hunt down sites that breach policy. Maybe Google will give you free balloons for your efforts.

You could be just as low as those eBay groups I mentioned who report copied CD's and copyright violations.

I'm just throwing ideas around.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  15. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Didn't you hear about Digitalpoint's Adsense Police? I am a proud member, can't remember who else was in it, I guess they will post later when they see this thread

fryman, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  16. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    You must be very proud.

Say, do you also report websites to Google that deploy 'black hat' methods? Don't just stop at AdSense, man. :rolleyes:

Hang on, aren't you artificially 'manipulating' your search rankings? Woah, dude .. this is against Google policy. Please send me a list of your sites so I can report each and every one to Google for them to scrutinize your back-links and such.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  17. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    *gets popcorn, sits back and enjoys* :D

Googles76, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  18. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Nah, I am just a member of the Adsense police, all that other stuff is out of my jurisdiction

fryman, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  19. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    Then you're fraud and that's even more shameful, Fairyman.

Pete

GADOOD, Aug 19, 2005 IP
    woodside likes this.
  20. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Fairyman, hey, that sounds cool! :D

Why would that make me a fraud?

fryman, Aug 19, 2005 IP