1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this true. If not please give the truth. Jesus and Mohammad

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by DiscussionPeace, Aug 12, 2006.

Jesus and Mohammed

The lifestyles of Jesus and Mohammed contrast. The Bible records that Jesus concluded his earthly life single, poor, and nonviolent, while still being the source of many mighty miracles. The last of Christ’s miracles was his own resurrection from the dead. As an explanation of his earthly ministry, Jesus himself said that he came not to be served but to serve and give his life as a ransom for many (Mark 10:45).

The opposite can be said of Mohammed. He had struggled through years of disappointment, but ended his earthly life having numerous wives and concubines. He had become extremely rich through military conquest and oppressive taxation of non-Muslims. Though Muslim legends ascribe miracles to Mohammed, it seems clear that the Qur'an itself admitted that he had not performed any miracles resembling those of Jesus.

Muslims today point to the Qur'an itself as Mohammed’s validating miracle. Is this possible? The following chapters will assist the many non-Muslims who need help in examining this claim for themselves.

answering-islam.org/Authors/Fisher/Topical/ch02.htm

answering-islam.org/Authors/Fisher/Topical/ch03.htm

DiscussionPeace, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  2. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    Duh!!!

How can you compare Jesus with Mohammad?????

The Webmaster, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  3. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As I mentioned a couple of times before. I'm for outlaw islam in none muslim countries. It just doesn't work together and never will.

The most I can think of is a MWF(muslim wildlife fund) for them in the democratic west.

Oooh, where is Philip when you need him - PHILIIIIIIIIIIP!!! :D

Arnie, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  4. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all we should not compare the beliefs of two different religions. Why do you think there are different religions for? >>>>> Because they have different beliefs!
    Here are the different beliefs of different religions about Jesus (P.B.U.H) than Christianity:
    Islam: Jesus didnt die on earth but was taken to heaven by God and someone (You Know Who) died in his place and will come back ......... and then you know what.
    Jews: Jesus died ON earth and is buried IN earth.

Sherlock, Aug 12, 2006 IP
    Rage likes this.
  5. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    curious...indeed very curious. Wasn't Jesus considered a prophet in the Koran?

tonyrocks, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  6. Didoz

Didoz Active Member

Best Answers:
    What's wrong with the Prophet Mohammad?

and yes, in the Qur`an, Jesus is a Prophet.

Didoz, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  7. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Yeah, and the thing is: they placed him on the same level as Muhammed, a dude who married a 6 year old girl :rolleyes:

Blogmaster, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  8. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what do you mean by saying a man who married with 6 year old girl? Do you have any proof for what you say?

Arasp, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  9. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oh yeah.

Please read my other post here: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=123332&page=2

Yes. Jesus christ is menitoned in Holy Quran as holy prophet who is sent from God, and we beilieve that he did not die and he is in heaven now and one day he will come to save the whole world.

Arasp, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  10. ash1

ash1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ash1, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  11. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    opps. this text was probebly writen by anti islam people. This is not a authenticated one.

Arasp, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  12. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    GTech, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  13. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    Is his teachings ie his word...the same in the Koran as it is in the bible? Or is there a difference?

Rick_Michael, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  14. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, there are thousands of similarities and also many differences. ‎
    ‎
    I did many investigation about this, the similarities are among the biggest things like the ‎existence of god, the Adam and Eve, the historical stories of Bible and Quran, the ‎virginity of Maria, we all have them in Quran and we believe them all. ‎

The differences are among the details, and usually in the ways of reaching the goals (the ‎goal of all prophets is guiding humans to reach the god), they differ because of the ‎differences between cultures and … ‎

Regarding frequent wives of Mohammad, Well many of muslim Imam’s had only one ‎wife, in our history it is mentioned that most of the women of Muhammad were old ‎woman widows, Muhammad would marry them for some other holy reasons rather than ‎sex. For example many of his marriages were because of the cooperation agreement he ‎wanted to establish with other tribes. Because people of mecca in those days care about ‎relative relations very much. It was very difficult for a tribe to see there is no relative ‎relations with the prophet among them and most of the marriage were because of this. ‎

If different people try to see the big similarities between the religions instead of the ‎differences, we would had better world today. ‎

Arasp, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  15. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all those details...I'm more or less interested in if Jesus or Isa (as I believe muslims call him),... taught forgiveness and focused on how one relates to god and others in Koran?

I think that's a critical component of Christianity, and I'm wondering if the muslim religion recognizes that as well....or perhaps in a different fashion?

Rick_Michael, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  16. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Regarding Isa , jesus, we do not believe he is the “Son of the God” because it is ‎mentioned in Koran that the God has no son.
    Because if the god has son so the god must be something like Human or material and this ‎is away of God. ‎
    ‎
    However, we fully believe that Jesus or Isa :‎

Is the son of Maria (we call it Holy Maryam in Koran)‎
    Is the great prophet of God which is sent from God to human
    Is the victim of the stupidity of the men who were living with him ‎
    Is not dead , and one day he will come back with Mahdi ‎‎(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahdi) to fight against dirtiness and badness of the world ‎and bring peace and beauty to the all people of the world. ‎

We believe he (and mahdi our Imam) will come together when there are fights every ‎corner of the world and when the blood of innocent victims are running from everywhere. ‎When they come, many of the people and governments will fight with them, many people ‎will die but at last, they will win and they will bring peaceful life to the human being. ‎

Arasp, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  17. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why should the blood of innocent victims be shed?
    "There can be no country or dignity without unity of the people, and there can be no unity without agreement, and there can be no agreement without conciliation, and there can be no conciliation without forgiveness and compromise."

رينيه معوض

A great man who was murdered by islam.

tonyrocks, Aug 12, 2006 IP
    GTech likes this.
  18. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what do you mean by saying "a great man who was murdered by Islam." ?

Islam is a religion, and a religion cannot kill somebody. People can kill, people can murder.

Like hundereds of muslim childeren who got killed by American bombs and by hand of Israel?
    So can we say they are killed by Christianity or any other religion?
    I think NO.
    Because the religions are sent from the same God to guide humans. And this is the humans who do the damn things with other humans.

Arasp, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  19. DiscussionPeace

DiscussionPeace Banned

Best Answers:
    After Jesus' departure from the physical world, he gave powers to the Apostles to cure and heal. Also as far as I know from the New Testament the Apostles didn't marry, for if one marries he has to please his/her spouse, then God. You have to take care of your spouse and serving God becomes secondary. That's why those who serve God, who have devoted themselves to God seldom marry. And if they ever do, they do it so they can show an example to others how a spiritually advanced person should live as a married man.
    But being married to 16 women and having two slave girls that is an example of something else. Marrying rich widow, or marriage just to please other tribes from spiritual point of view could be considered as a business or political deal. It is a spiritual crime to marry for money IMO or anything else other than Love.

Jesus - the Son of God. Here is where many muslims fell in the dogma that God has no sons. We have a prayer called "The Father's Prayer".
    It starts with "Our Father in Heaven". What does that tell you?
    It clearly says that God is Our Father.

Many muslims think that Father is only the one who had sex with their mother and 9m later they got born. They only refer to God as Creator. It is true that God is the Creator of everything.

Genesis "27 God created man in his own image. In God's image he created him;"

Jesus often related to God as His Father. Do you think He is not saying the truth? Often Christians when praying turn to God as their Father.
    There are people from other religions who also turn to God as their Father.
    I don't see anything wrong with that.

From my conversations with muslims, I came to the conclusion that most of them got caught in their own dogma. If they cannot find some explanation of something in the Quran, they deny it. But simply denying somethin, does not make it non existant.

Some Christians IMO got caught in the dogmas of their priests as well. They don't have much understanding of the New Testament and make others believe in things, that everyone who has learned more about the spiritual world will find them unfounded.

Example: Here is what some say: "If you just believe in Jesus Christ you are saved." I don't think that just empty belief with no deeds will save you. It is not that simple to get into the Divine world. You have to be very, very, very pure in thoughts and deeds so you can get access to that place.

The Divine world is a place of Love. The advanced beings there have no ego. That's why Jesus says that a rich man won’t get in there. The rich man's heart is occupied with "his" material riches. He has ego. Not that it is bad to have it, but Love of God should come first then everything else. If the rich is ready to give all his possessions to the poor in the name of God, he can enter paradise. If he is attached to his material riches, he will stay in the lower world. Love of material things is an anchor (this could get misunderstood by some here, those who have read some spiritual books will know what I am talking about).

Actually could you muslims please tell me where Muhammad describes the Divine World or Paradise? What is Paradise like in the eyes of Muhammad?

Jesus came out of paradise, from the Kingdom of God to uplift humanity.

Shortly before His departure from Earth (before He left His physical body). The man crucified next to Him (who was a criminal) asked Jesus for forgiveness. Jesus replied, "Certainly tonight you will be with me in Paradise". (I don't remember the exact words, but the spirit is close to what I put). Jesus has the power to erase one’s sins in a moment. Can Muhammad do that?

Jesus came from the God’s Kingdom.

Where did Muhammad come from?

DiscussionPeace, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  20. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Mohammad can also remove one's sins in a moment. Because he is the last ‎messenger from God. ‎

According to what you have said, I see new concept of "Father and Son of the God" ‎
    So you mean this Father is something spiritually. Right? It is not physical. So in this way, ‎God which is the higher power can be Father to any of us. Right? ‎
    Because he has created all of us. (it is not because jesus is born from Maria and there is ‎no phisical father for him) ‎

If this is what you are trying to say, I am in agreement with you and there is nothing ‎wrong about it. :)‎

Every prophet comes with some miracles. ‎
    The miracle of our prophet mohammad is Quran and some other things that you can find ‎on the Net. ‎
    The miracle of Jesus (PBUH) is that he was the son of maria and he was born without ‎having any physical father. ‎

So you cannot say that he has come from God's kingdom and Mohammad and other ‎prophets has come from hell !!!‎

Remember, all prophets of sent from God and they all come from God’s kingdom. ‎

We (Muslims) beilvie that when Mahdi comes to save the world, Isa will also come with ‎him. And Isa (Jesus) will come with Islam religion and will pray behind Mahdi. ‎http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahdi ‎

And we beilvie many ignorant Christians will fight with jesus because of this, because ‎they cannot accept that there is only ONE religion from god. It has different names in ‎different times, Islam is just the latest version. ‎
    Having windows xp for example does not mean that you do not agree windows 98, or 95.
    ‎
    but some people do not understand this and they try to differentiate and this is one of the ‎reasons.‎

The only big difference I see between Muslims and Christians is that muslim accept jesus ‎Christ as a holy prophet of God but SOME Christians like you do not accept Mohammad ‎at all. ‎

I don’t know why!!! Maybe it is because you are all misunderstood by your cultures ‎beliefs , mass medias and …. ‎

I personally believe that Politics brings corruptions and war. This what the governments ‎is doing with poor people. ‎

Unfortunately many Christians are misunderstood about real Islam. ‎
    If you study in history or some Islamic books, you will find much much more similarities ‎between Christians and Muslims rather than Christians and Jews or Jews and muslims. ‎

Arasp, Aug 13, 2006 IP