1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is this the solution to the High Paying keywords problems.

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by wingdude, Dec 27, 2004.

Hi all,
    it seems everyone is talking about using the Overture View Bids Tool to compile a list for adsense. Let me tell you now, they pay not nearly as much as Overture for several reasons. However, I read on another forum that google Adwords had a tool for the advertiser where they could bid for the highest position. Can anyone using Adwords confirm there is such a tool and explain how it works.
    thanks is advance

wingdude, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  2. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there is a tool. You basically input the search term you are looking to bid on and see how much it would cost you. The costs don't normally equate to how much an adsense publisher will be paid per click. You can get a general ball park figure, however.

Infiniterb, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  3. wingdude

wingdude Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have adwords, because basically the top advertiser pays 1 cent more than whoever is second and then the publisher gets roughly 60 percent. Does it give yo a list of the top bids or just the highest 1?

4. wingdude

wingdude Peon

Best Answers:
    OK i found a way to use the tool without signing up. Basically to get to number 1 spot these are the keywords and prices for over £5 keywords:

SEO = £5.17
    Affiliate programs = £7.95
    Broadband Phone = £6.52
    hard Drive recovery = £5.84
    merchant accounts = £5.60
    methoselioma cancer = £15.67 ( methoselioma on its own only worth 7p)
    refinance = £10.06
    register domain = £9.58
    secured loan = £10.85
    student loan = £6.28
    web hosting 7.29

I used lists from forums. These are for UK advertisers and publishers only.
    What do you think?

5. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Your title is misleading I thought this thread is all about preventing high KW abuse. It would be better if your title says "Adsense KW Bid Tool"

melfan, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  6. wingdude

wingdude Peon

Best Answers:
    (Well this is in the Adsense section and I don't know how to change it.) I also found that derivatives of these keywords also have very high max bids.
    I was thinking for a while and then I realised another reason people don't get anywhere near as much from the bid: The second bid may be significantly less giving a false reading.
    e.g max bid for secured loan is £10.85
    second bid is £1.01
    Then per click the max bid pays only £1.02!!!

Anyone want to comment?

7. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I think all of what you have said so far in this thread is accurate. Now the question is, "so what?". What are you going to do with this information? Have you got a strategy to profit from it, or are you just looking for a complete understanding?

compar, Dec 27, 2004 IP
  8. wingdude

wingdude Peon

Best Answers:
    To be honest both, I don't want to go out and make a site purely for Adsense but I have enough information to make a website about several different topics. For the complete understanding part, I am still confused. I posted a question about 'Average Position' on this thread.
    Thanks in advance.