1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this the right name for the blog?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Pochs, Aug 15, 2014.

Dear Digital Point society,

My name is Kaspars and I apologise if this is not the right place for posting this kind of topic but I struggled finding a forum for new bloggers.

I am planing to start blogging about my travels and I came up with a simple blog name which I thing should do the job - kasparsadventure.com.

The thing that is making me doubt the name is my name- Kaspars. If somehow my blog does become popular I think it might be a bit hard to find it by its name as my name can be spelled in many different ways, Kaspars, Kaspers, Caspers, Caspar etc.

Could someone please advise about this topic and can it be a problem in a long run?

Thank you

Kaspars

Pochs, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  2. JessUBotNinja

JessUBotNinja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you are wise to worry about the spelling of your name. As it can definitely be a source of confusion down the road. Perhaps you can do your initials if they flow well (KPsadventures)

JessUBotNinja, Aug 15, 2014 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  3. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was going to recommend the same domain. Beat me to it ;)

sweetpea69, Aug 15, 2014 IP
    JessUBotNinja likes this.
  4. Pochs

Pochs Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I will keep that in mind

Pochs, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I think a lot of it will depend on how personal the blog is and if your readers relate to you as a person.

Many blogs, including mine, are just a collection of information for people to chance upon. Regular readers might be the goal but aren't the reality. Others have personal photos and stories and readers have a bond with the writer. Those ones don't need to worry about Kaspar/Casper issues because the reader cares enough to learn the site name.

sarahk, Aug 17, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  6. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with @sarahk, and in my opinion I don't think the name will bring confusion.
    I love reading blogs especially the ones that talks about travel, adventures, food etc.
    Of course domain name is important but once the user like your content they will never forget about it, but if they will I'm sure they will manage to find it. :)

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  7. Pochs

Pochs Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the clear and great advice, I chose to stick with kasparsadventure.com

Thanks a lot!

Pochs, Aug 18, 2014 IP
  8. Romy Lakip

Romy Lakip Peon

Best Answers:
    You bring up a good point regarding people being able to search your blog easily. With that said I would refrain from falling into the norm. There are so many blogs out there with the name you presented (EX: colbysadventure.com, mikesadventures.com, ect.).

Choose something that is unique (maybe even weird), to catch attention. (EX:purplesaddle.com). It doesn't event have to be relevant to your topic really.

Make it easy to remember and easy to search.

Romy Lakip, Sep 23, 2014 IP