1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this the best Copywriting resource out there?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Ali Amjad, Mar 11, 2017.

So, a while back in my copywriting class, our teacher suggested us a Copywriting resource which in his opinion was the best copywriting resource out there. It was thegaryhalbertletter.com
    Although Gary Halbert has been dead for years but still his letters seems so fresh and his words have such power.

How many of you have read his letters and in your opinion is there a better resource for learning copywriting?

Ali Amjad, Mar 11, 2017 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Gary had a lot of huge successes over his career as a copywriter. His Boron letters are amazing resources to study.

There are many other sources for learning the skill, and you can learn different nuggets of gold from each one of them. So I think it wise not to rely on only one.

John Carlton, to whom Gary was a very close and personal friend, is famous for his copy about golf clubs. His Rant newsletter has some amazing information.

American Writer's & Artists Institute (AWAI) has extensive training for copywriters. They also farm the best of their students for copywriting assignments for Agora. Or at least they did when I studied with them some years back.

You can get further training from Bob Bly's "The Copywriter's Handbook," "My Life In Advertising" by Hopkins, and "Influence" by Robert Cialdini.

There's a wealth of knowledge available for copywriters. I think the very best source is to watch for those sales messages that keep running over time. If they keep running you can be assured that they are most likely working. It's a good idea to collect those, dissect them, and learn why they work.

JoeSpirit, Mar 11, 2017 IP