1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this statement true or false about the most valuable link

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by romero04, Sep 13, 2013.

"The most powerful incoming link we can ever hope to achieve –
    the link that is going to have the most positive impact on our own
    search engine rankings - will come from the #1 ranked website for
    that keyword term."

On some level it sounds right but the more I think about it, it doesn't make sense. First of all if I want to rank for 'keyword A' why would anybody that already has a #1 ranking for 'keyword A' give me a backlink. Secondly it doesn't seem to make sense from a Google/relevance perspective because a webpage ranked for 'keyword A' linking to another webpage also ranked for 'keyword A' seems pointless and not very relevant for the visitor. There is no added value for the visitor because both webpage are about the same subject.

If you disagree what do think the most valuable link would be for any specific keyword. Imagine you can only get one link which would you want. (Regardless whether it would be likely that you can get that link)

romero04, Sep 13, 2013 IP
  2. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am agree , here is info about keyword:
    Keyword research can take a bit of time when you are first starting out, but as you become more experienced with choosing relevant keyword phrases and weeding out the ones that are likely to be ineffective, you will be able to create entire keyword swipe files quickly and easily, each time you develop your article marketing campaign.

ktp2012, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  3. Praveen Pandey

Praveen Pandey Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Romero,

There are scenario when you may get link from #1 ranking website for keyword that website is ranking #1. take an example of you is a service provider of A category and #1 ranking website is an information website so in this scenario that info website can give you link with keyword A+services keywords which include keywords A. and then to with new Search engine "Hummingbird" Google Consider nearly 200 factor to decide ranking. which make PR of webpage less valuable while considering for ranking.

Praveen Pandey, Sep 28, 2013 IP