1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this site cheating Adsense?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by qll, Jul 25, 2004.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=MiSsY_MinDbENdr
    has shown no Adsense, but in its html codes, there are so many codes to messing with the codes. take a look
    For the first line, it stoped google from showing, but then it write so many into the html..... No clue...
    SEMrush

qll, Jul 25, 2004 IP
    SEMrush
  2. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    it think it is.

melfan, Jul 25, 2004 IP
  3. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The site is pretty annoying just in general.

Help Desk, Jul 26, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They aren't violating anything... Large clients have much more flexibility with the AdSense code... Xanga for example is an AdSense Premium partner (you need 20 million page views per month). One of the premium features is "Flexible ad formats".

You can tell because their AdSense client ID is not pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, it's xanga_468x60

digitalpoint, Jul 26, 2004 IP
  5. Help Desk

Best Answers:
    If anybody knows which part of the "Terms of Service" this is breaking then please let me know and I will change it. I'm not trying to "Fool" anybody. I'm just trying to get them to notice the ads. People are so trained to ignore Ad boxes and even-popups. Integrating the ads into your page is the best way to get visitors to read them.

Help Desk, Jul 26, 2004 IP
  6. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    The problem is that my PUB-XXXXXXXXXXX account has alllllllllllllllllllllllllll of the functionalities of a Premium members now. I have been able to CLONE the code from a premium member site and it displays 100% exactly the same using my pub-XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX acccount. So I wonder if I am allowed to use it. I emailed Google Help, but my guess is that the average Rep will know nothing about it. The GoogleBuy on WebmasterWorld is pretty good at issues, but I can not reach him because I don't have an account there.

I got a lot of ideas from you, digitalpoint, mrRat. Nintendo. I know some of your ideas are charging money, but I have been able to design the exact functions without using any of your codes, except the ideas.

So far, I have done Mod_Rewrite for mrRat stuffs, PR checker, Adsense trackers, Digitalpoint/Sandbox (with even better fuctions). Next step I will work on SERP with PR rank thing. The feature I want to add is to search google with a PR rank fuction, such as I want to search Hosting which has PR rank 2 or less (to see how come those low PR rankers get listed at front) or search "link exchange" with high PR ranks.

qll, Jul 26, 2004 IP
  7. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't charge money for the free online tools, so not sure what you are referring to.

And yes, from a technical standpoint there are things you can do with a "normal" AdSense account (including making your own formats or even getting ads based on keywords instead of URL... both of which you can see here), but there is a big difference between technically possible and allowed by Google's terms.

digitalpoint, Jul 26, 2004 IP
  8. qll

qll Peon

Best Answers:
    ThinkBling, Are you breaking this rule?
    https://www.google.com/adsense/policies
    Ad Placement
    Multiple ad units may be displayed on each Web site page, but no ad unit shall contain any advertisement in common with any other ad unit.
    No AdWords ads or Google search box may be displayed on any domain parking websites, pop-ups, pop-unders, error, registration, or "thank you" pages, or in any email.
    No AdWords ad may be placed on pages published specifically for the purpose of showing ads, whether or not the page content is relevant.
    Elements on a page must not obscure any portion of the ads, and the ad colors must be such that any ad elements, including text and URL, are visible

qll, Jul 26, 2004 IP
  9. Help Desk

Best Answers:
    So how exactly is this breaking the rules? Nothing is being obscured.

Help Desk, Jul 27, 2004 IP