1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is This Possible Using The Api?

Discussion in 'Facebook API' started by TOSCS, Feb 18, 2013.

I have been working on this project for months despite claiming toward the start that I don't think it is possible. I tried to ask several times at placed like StackOverflow and nobody was able to help (the general response instead of "I don't know, sorry" was "read the documentation" even though I have and can't find my answer).

Is it possible to use the API to pull the public profile information of Facebook users other than the user of the app? For example would I be able to access your publicly available profile info without being friends with you on FB.

As it stands, when I search for a specific user ID I am able to pull in name, first_name, last_name, link (to profile), username, gender, locale (language code, not location), updated_time. This is the same even when giving the ID for test accounts where everything is set as Public (education, email, location etc) and can be seen on their profile page.

At this stage I just want to know if it possible at all, before I waste any more of my time.

Any answers are very much appreciated.

TOSCS, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  2. eldiablo

eldiablo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not much of an expert regarding facebook API, but I'm 100% sure that ALL information that you will ever need regarding it you may find here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/

I'm sure that you probably looked there, but everything that you need should be listed there... :)

eldiablo, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  3. TOSCS

TOSCS Member

Best Answers:
    Hilarious!

TOSCS, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  4. eldiablo

eldiablo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Based on your answer I can see that you are very experienced developer...

Anyway here is one more read for you if you have enough time between laughing people trying to help you... http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/api/page/

Well if you were even a bit serious you would ask around when you started work on your app or whatever you are working on before you wasted any more of your time.

eldiablo, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  5. TOSCS

TOSCS Member

Best Answers:
    You're not trying to help me, you're doing the exact same thing I said was no help in my OP.

TOSCS, Feb 18, 2013 IP