1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Is this now against the rules?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Moncal, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    It's been a while since I've done any business on DP and I've got a question about one of the new rules:

Does this new rule mean that the thread found Here would now be in violation? If so, what was the justification behind the rule change as this activity is legal, ethical, and easy to do?

Moncal, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Definitely against rules.

Smyrl, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  3. Moncal

Moncal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you serious? That thread was posted well over a year ago. Before this rule was in effect. I ask a question about whether the rule applies to threads of that nature and in return receive an infraction? That is beyond ridiculous.

Now that we've got the insane out of the way, perhaps we could have a civilized discussion regarding why it is against the rules?

Moncal, Aug 29, 2009 IP
    explorer likes this.
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I reversed the infraction given on the year-old thread.

It's against the rules, because we do not want affiliate-style spam here. You may not promote affiliate links actively in any way. That includes posting the links in your posts, asking people to PM you for them, asking people in the thread to click an affiliate link in your sig, or any other active promotion. The only affiliate / referral link promotion allowed is a link in your signature.

jhmattern, Aug 29, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.