1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by NineFingers, Sep 27, 2005.

Hi everyone,

I am participating in an auction at one of the expired domain registrars. The auction is not over and Alexa shows the domain as being live. I went there and they have a standard advertising page (oingo). I know for sure that this domain wasn't parked a week ago. What does this mean? Is the registrar checking the amount of traffic? I find this very odd. Please shed some light on this issue if you can. Whois doesn't return any record for this domain (No match for "domain.com").

Thank you!

Nine
    SEMrush

NineFingers, Sep 27, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. NineFingers

NineFingers Peon

Best Answers:
    The domain in question is a commonly used phrase in another language. Some 20k links to it of good quality. Anyone with experience in registering expired domains care to give me their opinion on the value? IF you have a lot of quality posts here PM me for URL.

Thanks,

Nine

NineFingers, Sep 27, 2005 IP
  3. Caveman

Caveman Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds more like the auction site just has the name parked until the auction is over and the new winner is awarded the name.

Caveman, Sep 29, 2005 IP
  4. Coupons

Coupons Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, during that time, you can loose many links and pagerank... people don't like to see that they are linking to a parked site :)

Coupons, Oct 4, 2005 IP