1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this normal?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bblatz, Jan 20, 2007.

Hi,
    I just started using clickbank and I'm quite excited about the whole thing. I joined google adwords and started 8 separate campaigns for 8 companies that had a fairly high gravity. I set my daily budget for 75 dollars on all 8 campaigns as I assumed that I would make at least some of it back. I've had 2 purchases all day with hundreds of clicks. As it stands I'm about $200 down. Is it possible to just have a bad day or am I doing something wrong? Any advice appreciated.

bblatz, Jan 20, 2007 IP
  2. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey again bblatz,

As I mentioned in my other reply, I'd recommend to STOP all of your campaigns now before you lose more money.

First off, just because a product has high gravity doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be able to sell it, or that it's a good product to sell.

Secondly, it can be exciting to look through the Clickbank marketplace & find products to go set up campaigns for.

The problem is, without doing extensive research both on the product you're trying to sell, and the market you're trying to sell to, you're likely to spend enormous amounts of cash that you will NEVER see a return from.

Thirdly, a daily budget of 75$ is excessive without knowing exactly for sure that you will make a solid return on the money. Without this experience, knowledge, and research, you'll be wasting time and hope.

My advice:

1. Stop all your campaigns if you haven't before you destroy your budget.

2. Find an audience who's looking for a particular product. Or, find a product that's made for a specific audience, and figure out what that audience is. Of the 8 products you mentioned, dig in deep with one of them, and really focus on it alone.

3. Spend time and energy learning the following correctly:
    - Market research
    - Landing pages
    - How to use adwords correctly
    - Ad copy writing techniques

4. Once you've become well-versed in the above topics, you'll probably know the direction you want to head in and be fairly knowledgeable about setting your advertising budget.

Ultimately, the internet marketing venture can be really profitable, if you know what you're doing. Unfortunately, contrary to some public perception, Affiliate marketing is not a get-rich-quick scheme.

It's a great way to take your earning potential to the next level, but like many businesses, you'll get out of it what you put in. If you're patient & take the time to properly learn the skills you need to succeed and follow through on them, then you're likely to have a much better chance at being happy with the results of your clickbank efforts.

-T

Telmari, Jan 21, 2007 IP
    refresh9149 and Michael.T.Toth like this.
  3. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good advice Telmari, you covered everything he has to know basically, 8 campaigns in the beginning is a 'suicide', you'll get a huge Adwords bill soon, and will most likely quit because of your failure. I used to be in your situation, when I first started.

Start slow, to make it sell, your campaigns must be very targeted. If it was that easy like you describe everyone would be a millionaire... It's a little more complicated than you think it is, and don't believe all those make $1000/day sites, they have an out dated data, most of them at least, they don't go into details.

P.S I would turn your budget down to $10 a day, yes it will be slow, but you won't get pissed with your bill. One of the keys to success is patience.

dog_24, Jan 21, 2007 IP