1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this hard? Count occurrence of a word in database

Discussion in 'Databases' started by ahkip, Apr 7, 2007.

I have an article database, and i would like to see which word is most common in these article, anyone know how to do it?

ahkip, Apr 7, 2007 IP
  2. TopDraw

TopDraw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Ahkip,

I found the answer to my prob (I added a question here yesterday), and maybe I can help you out. Its really quite easy (I think) just backup your database and save it to your desktop, unzip it and open with notepad. Select all, copy ...and then paste in word and then find replace all word instances (which you want with something else) ...word will count and show you how many instances there are...I dont think notepad can do it (count).

Cheers :)

TopDraw, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  3. briansol

briansol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    no need to do it manually...

what you want to do is create a list of every word. an easy way to do this is to split it on the " " (space).

exactly how to do this depends drastically on your DMBS, which you don't mention.

briansol, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  4. tomecki

tomecki Peon

Best Answers:
    Please add what database you use, how your database look like where you keep articles etc.

tomecki, Apr 10, 2007 IP