1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this good to start hosting company with vps ?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by techgyan, Oct 20, 2013.

hi friends , i want to know Is this good to start hosting company with vps ?
    if yes , then which hosting provider should i choose ? my budget is $30

techgyan, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    simple and plain answer is NO, it is NOT good to start a hosting business, its too hard a business to start, requires significant capital and reserves and you will be working for someone who pays 2-3$ a month.

competent123, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  3. MyBB Hoster

MyBB Hoster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Other then the difficulties and sacrifices of starting a hosting business Id say that a VPS would be better route instead of a reseller to start off with. You have more control over everything and by using a VPS it shows people that you are more then just another reseller. On the plus side you get your own name servers yei. Another plus is you can re configure your settings anytime in case a customer request a dependency to be installed etc. Be dedicated give it your all and you will be successful.

Regards,
    Mike

MyBB Hoster, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  4. techgyan

techgyan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    :) thanks mike for ur positive rply.
    would u able to provide me some good vps provider name ?

5. MyBB Hoster

Best Answers:
    You are very welcome. I would first search this forum for some great deals. I have not tried anyone here or even searched for a provider but I am sure there are great people here with awesome deals that will help you. Your budget of $30.00 a month will get you something nice I am sure. Find something that has cPanel included if you will be selling shared hosting and get something that is fully managed. This will take the stress of your back during the starting stages.

Regards,
    Mike

6. techgyan

techgyan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes mike i m looking for managed cpanel vps.
    lets see, if i got any provider , i will nfrm u..

7. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A managed provider with cPanel is going to be hard to find for your budget. You want a minimum of 1GB of RAM, which is going to have a reasonable cost in itself.

If you can raise your budget slightly, you can get a 1GB RAM VPS with cPanel at Knownhost (knownhost.com). They are a very good and well-known managed VPS provider. They might heven have discounts available if you look around. I haven't looked.

WSWD, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  8. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    not true

there are many vps providers , managed one, with 1gb ram, cpanel, and 1000GB bandwidth. which you can get for 20-25$ a month

I have many ways to get vps, in fact, i get vps for literally free first month ( with cpanel/managed/24x7 chat/phone support)

i had set up a server for someone this month.
    you may need to offer your accounts for particular niches.
    let me know if i can be of some assistance in that. after you get customers to recover cost of a vps, you can move to larger servers.

competent123, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  9. techgyan

techgyan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes please. i need assistance @competent123.
    would u please help me to find a host ?

10. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well...seeing as the cPanel license costs anywhere from $10-15, that only leaves $15-20 for the actual VPS itself, plus the management services. What kind of company do you think that's going to be? ;) If you think you can get that from a good provider, not going to happen.

WSWD, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  11. MyBB Hoster

Best Answers:
    Some of the smaller non popular companies do offer great services sometimes better then the well known companies. Everyone starts from the bottom. Just need to give them a chance to prove that they can offer quality and affordable prices at the same time.

12. techgyan

techgyan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i agree @MyBB Hoster

13. MyBB Hoster

Best Answers:
    I don't think he can start a hosting company with a shared hosting account.

MyBB Hoster, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  14. techgyan

techgyan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes bro. i want to start web hosting company . i want to offer shared and reseller hosting. also want to offer vps

techgyan, Oct 21, 2013 IP
  15. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed with Crook-sam. If you want to offer VPS, then you either need to resell from somebody, or you're going to need your own dedicated server. I would highly suggest you resell at first, especially if you need a managed VPS. After all, how are you going to support your VPS clients if you don't know how to manage your own VPS?

WSWD, Oct 21, 2013 IP
    ganz and Arick unirow like this.
  16. MyBB Hoster

Best Answers:
    It would be best to start with the VPS or a Reseller till you get familiar with things. Once you get used to it then you can upgrade to the dedicated sever and learn new things. Take it one step at a time. This gives you time to actually think if this is what you really want to do. Wish the best of luck to you and your venture into the hosting world.

Regards,
    Mike

MyBB Hoster, Oct 21, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  17. jscg

jscg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Starting own hosting business with 30$ VPS, well sounds intersting :D

jscg, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  18. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    OP, the answer is no. You will need licenses, and so on. You will need a reseller account ($10-$25) to start with

PM me if you want some good advice as to why this is a bad idea.

But if you really do want to do this, spend 6 months working as an affiliate promoting other peoples hosting providers. IF you earn $0, then you will understand how if you were promoting your own hosting company, that you would have earnt $0. The difference is that working as an affiliate is "easy" or at least "easier" then investing alot of time and money by running your own hosting company.
    And lets say you work as an affiliate, and bring in some real money, then you can consider to start your own hosting business as you have a way of bringing in new clients.

matt_62, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  19. Andy01

Andy01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you to consider Reseller Hosting plans to begin your own Hosting plans. WebhostUK LTD would be a better option as they provide TurnKey Reseller Hosting solutions for new entrepreneurs to begin own Web Hosting company.

Andy01, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  20. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, that's what I'd do. In fact, it's what I did about 12 years ago with a reseller plan from a Windows Hosting company running NT4 and their own custom control panel. We now have our own racks, networks, and hundreds of servers that are owned outright. Its possible to do it.

RonBrown, Oct 25, 2013 IP
    WSWD likes this.