1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this domain name a premium domain?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by ekthatiger, Sep 24, 2013.

Hi I own a domain http://www.uploadpictures.org
    I want to sell this domain. How much my domain worth? Someone has already offered me $300 for this. But I think it worths more than $300. What do you think? What should be the price of this domain? Any ideas?

ekthatiger, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  2. Alin Alex

Alin Alex Active Member

Best Answers:
    The words are good but the extension .org doesn't make it premium.You should list it on Flippa and see if you can get more for it there.The listing price is $29.

Good luck!

Alin Alex, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  3. ekthatiger

ekthatiger Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah! I will definitely target buyers on Flippa. I think there are many potential buyers there who can pay good amount for it.

ekthatiger, Sep 25, 2013 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    if that is their initial offer, then their might be room to negotiate, I would be trying to push for $500, and seeing how they respond. Like if I make an offer for something, I might offer 50% of what I am willing to pay for. If you hold out, they might come back with a better offer,

It is actually a nice domain, but my concern would be if you list it, spend alot of time, and money trying to sell it for more, just to get a bit extra.
    Alin mentioned flippa costs $29, well, some of the domainers that get higher prices, actually pay an extra $50 for it to be featured (so $89 total) to get a better price.

so if you spend $89 on listing it, you might get $400, but that is alot of risk when you realise that you have a solid offer for $300 (that you might be able to negotiate on). It is a nice domain, and I have seen some crap sell in the $x,xxx range on flippa, so it might very well get a good price for it.
    See if you can find someone that sells on flippa to give you some pointers before you decide on it though.

I guess the question is, how keen are you for the money? If you are not in a rush, might be worth putting it on SEDO for $1000, and seeing if there is any real interest (they can still make offers)

matt_62, Sep 25, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk and kingofking like this.
  5. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    better off listing at your registrar, if they have an auction. Set a reserve on it and see what kind of attention it gets. If it gets enough to cover flippa costs, then you might consider it. However, i've seen a lot of great 2 word .org's not sell for much of anything. You own it, don't rush into anything.

sweetpea69, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  6. PremiumFlip

PremiumFlip Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think it'll easily cross 1k, go for flippa....good luck

PremiumFlip, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  7. ritwick123

ritwick123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should sell it at 300 dollars.
    I'm not sure if flippa might help. Good Luck !!

ritwick123, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  8. polarcat

polarcat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its not terrible but the .org hurts its value. Develop it, rank it and age it a little. Then flip it for profit. Good luck!

polarcat, Oct 17, 2013 IP
  9. ilikegrapes

ilikegrapes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Right - if you're not in a hurry to sell the name, then hold on to it. The thing with domain names is they only get more and more rare with the passing of time. Now there are already over 10 million registered .orgs ...

On the other hand if you just paid $10 to register it, $300 is a great return, right?

ilikegrapes, Oct 19, 2013 IP
  10. monsur

monsur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You may also try on sedo,afternic etc.

monsur, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  11. Jaman3

Jaman3 Active Member

Best Answers:
    as a noob domainer, i justify that domain isn't a premium, but i believe domain name is a thing, that will be very valuable in one person as like as a gold or a diamond but for someone else that name is worthless or nothing, for example name of person, identity, llc name and etc.
    But in that case domain is general, then for me that isn't useful or not interesting domain

Jaman3, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  12. ivink3aray

ivink3aray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    maybe will be premium if you have all TLD like .com .net and .info :D

ivink3aray, Oct 25, 2013 IP