1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this called Progress ?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by John Bull, Nov 15, 2012.

I presume that the concept of marriage originated in the early days of religious doctrine and the term "Bastard" was derived accordingly to describe a child born out of marriage.

A rather puritanical approach to life as no other life form on Earth observes marriage as a legitimate means of producing off-spring, only humans are apparently capable of inflicting such a restriction on natural laws.

Over the past five decades, the increase in partnerships at the expense of marriage has rocketed and marriage now is almost a rarity in the Western World. Consequently we are all becoming nations of bastards. This diversion from the ancient religious doctrine is essentially an anti-Christian development in the West.

Middle Eastern and Far Eastern countries with other religions are far more observant of the moral codes included in their faith and childbirth outside marriage is severely punished or at the very least results in the offenders being socially ostracised and penalised in many unpleasant ways.

It rather looks that in the mainly Christian Western nations, marriage is becoming extinct and partnerships will be the norm in the future, with a proportional decrease in religious belief and Churchgoing attendances. The term "Bastard" will then become entirely an offensive expression.

What do you think ?

John Bull, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  2. ViolentAJ

ViolentAJ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not just homosexuality that is behind this, but also the rise of hardcore feminism and men who still want to "sow their wild oats" when married. It's not just happening in the West, but globally. Many nations in the East, such as Japan and China, want to be like the West. It's even happening in Africa. In today's world, marriage is more of a business relationship, and men are often on the losing end of the deal.

One could call it progress depending on the objective that they are progressing towards.

ViolentAJ, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  3. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks AJ,

Very sensible reply, appreciated.
    Actually, the evaporation of discipline and morals in the Western World societies is astronomic. We have no discipline, no morals and no regard for authority, it makes for a real shit of a society, it has little affect on me. I have had a good ride albeit a bit bumpy at times and what the present generation make of their future is no concern of
    mine. They make their bed, they must lay on it.

I would point out that in my country, the crazy over-lavish personal and taxation benefits given out by the Government for having kids outside marriage is akin to a free ride to shag yourself stupid, churn `em out, live in lovely free cosy priority allocated houses and lap up the huge financial benefits of being a real parasitic useless scumbag on the rest of us taxpayers.

I guess in the modern concept of "grab what you can" or "I`m alright Jack" attitude to life that the younger generation are becoming used to, then OK dog eat dog.

John Bull, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    With single parents in the US, reportedly the statistics vary based on race.

Children in single parent homes:
    White 24%
    Black 66%
    Indian 52%
    Asian 16%
    Hispanic 41%

Source: KidsCount

Bastard has a negative connotation to it, as if they are somehow an inferior human being. So, I never hear that term being used. With marriage, perhaps half of the US is married.

Rebecca, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  5. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Funny stats. They coincide perfectly with average SAT scores by race. More than a coincidence I suspect.

Obamanation, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  6. viny30

viny30 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If two people wants to live together without marrying, why it should bother any one. The so called " Moral Police" should mind their own business instead of commenting
    on others. Live your life your way and let others live in the way they want. How does that bothers people can't understand.

You can't expect ancients methods to move on in the same manner in the twenty first century.

viny30, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  7. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nation of bastards ? LOL There will be no western nation 100 years from now if things continue at the current rate . The disintegration of the western family means the disintegration of the western society once that's done rapid extermination follows .

Take New Pakistan for example it used to be known as the United Kingdom but run amok immigration and failure to preserve their families spelled their doom .

ApocalypseXL, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  8. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I agree. I have a co-worker that's a single mother. Her child has already been suspended from preschool a few times for bad behavior. She works a lot. I'm sure she needs to to pay the bills. I think she just spends a few hours a day with him. Of course he's at a disadvantage. It's like strangers that don't truly care about him are raising him. There are probably many single parents in that situation. I think it's so much better for the child if one of the parents can stay at home.

Rebecca, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  9. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I completely agree. If we, as a country, were able to solve this problem, all the other problems would improve dramatically in my opinion. The problem is, our culture is moving exactly the opposite direction. Divorce rates are up. Children out of wedlock, up.

This is going to sound funny, but this is an area I tend to get defensive of religious organizations, who encourage people to stay in relationships, and encourage people not to have sex/kids till your married. The atheist scourge is busily killing god, and perhaps he/she needs to die, but there are consequences to any action. Lets call it the butterfly effect.

Obamanation, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  10. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    I fully agree, except it is no scourge but an extremely intelligent evolutionary mutation of modern day Homo Sapiens.

I have erased the rest of your post and leave that content to other intellectuals, but I have to admit Obejoyful that almost all of your posts on any subject matter are extremely informative and pertinent to the issue.

It is with great regret that I have to admit you are a substantial, knowledgeable and versatile asset to any serious discussion Forum. But everybody has an Achilles Heel and you are no exception. So you will have to excuse me as your unacknowledged Mentor in giving you the occasional kick up the arse to keep you from becoming too complacent.

John Bull, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  11. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Extremely intelligent ? ROFLMAO Who ? The guys who collapsed the Soviet Union ? The guys in UK that will get beheaded by Jihadists in the next decades ? The guys in Sweden that who get their women rapped by jihadists immigrants while they sit on their fat asses complaining ? The guys who run North Korea and still face famine after more then 60 years of "progress" ?

LOL for professional troll you sure fail hard .

ApocalypseXL, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  12. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    And YOU call ME names ? Your post is the biggest load of crap I have seen since I last visited the Elephant paddock at the Zoo.

LOL - Now it is my turn. For a professional one-man Apocalypse, you sure get a Gold Medal.
    Have a nice Apocalypse, Apocalypse, but keep well away from the rest of us, go BANG elsewhere.

John Bull, Nov 17, 2012 IP
  13. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Proof of Atheist intelligence - Holodomor the only man made famine in history

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ApocalypseXL, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  14. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice pictures, but your are a very sick man, go get medical attention before it is too late. This kind of situation is NOT the privilege of Atheists, it is often the result of highly religious hypocrites practicing genocide games on their own people. More suffering and mass deaths over history are the result of religious fanatics than any other cause.

Get it into your sick brain Apocalypse, genuine Atheists are NOT barbarians, they are the most intelligent group of people on Earth, but all groups have their bad boys and Atheists are no exception, but Christians, Muslims and other religious orders have more than their share of barbaric nutters.

Now, please go away and take your pills like a good patient and stop being a perfect prat.

Oh, Apocalypse, in case it has escaped your addled thinking, all the $Trillions of Aid given to the underdeveloped countries to avoid famine, is siphoned off by the ruling classes of these shit-holes into propping up their own lavish life styles and military expenditure. So show your pretty pictures to these scumbags, not us.

Now as far as I am concerned, I will ignore any more of your posts, since there is little purpose served in reading them.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    John Bull, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  15. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Atheists so intelligent they run away from facts :rolleyes:

Q.E.D.

16. John Bull

John Bull Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK, I`ll break my promise and reply in this case.

Look here you monumental sized dick-head, this thread is about nations becoming bastardized by the reluctance of modern day individuals to get married, NOT the starving millions or some brainless savage fanatical arseholes yelling "Allahu akbar" and in his most gracious and illustrious name embarking on a Jihad frenzy by raping, pillaging and lopping heads off all over the place. Whatever lights their crazy candles, I am sure that life is just a bowl of cherries for them, but I would myself prefer to watch a good football match.

For the sake of sanity, get off your idiotic, misguided pedestal and concentrate on the OP subject. How the hell you ever got over 6,000 posts to your dubious credit, I will never understand as my simple educational level does not permit me to comprehend such an extraordinary feat of producing an endless amount of utter crap. If these posts are so obsessed with doom and despondency as you display here, I pity those who tortured their poor brains to read them.

Now Apocalypse, be a good fellow, go to post No.1, read it carefully and perhaps with unparallelled luck you just "may" be capable of making a sensible contribution to this thread without diversion into your world of insane prophesies of doom, starvation and blood curdling barbarity.

AMEN and OUT.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    John Bull, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  17. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think conservative values do tend to create a healthier society.

Rebecca, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  18. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    A strong , united , traditional family has a higher chance of equipping their children with the best set of skill . The set of skill an adult needs to navigate the maelstrom of challenges that life provides . Your opinion is already a fact proven time and time again .

http://www.clasp.org/admin/site/publications_states/files/0086.pdf

However there's is an ongoing battle to discredit this merits and recently there's been a tsunami of articles trying to discredit the 6 decades worth of studies in any way possible . However no amount of words and opinions can change the reality ; no matter how furious single parents get at statistics .

19. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The marriage is of variable geometry because there could is also polygamy to consider. Why limit to one man and one woman. Just because of traditions in one country, then traditions are different in another country. Perhaps in centuries ahead the tradition will have moved, but it doesn't mean they are better or worse. We don't know, we can prefer one or another, but it's mostly because of our own experience while growing up and leanring about the way things work in our environment, and learning about history, etc..

JamesColin, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  20. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Polygamy doesn't work , we're territorial beings by nature . In a polygamous family there will be tons of suppressed anger and jealousy , the kids will grow up with either a father complex or a mother complex . Having a parent that never has enough time for each kid is always a bad idea . We already live in a world where we barely get to spend time with out kids . Polygamy to a family is what leeches where to medicine .

ApocalypseXL, Nov 19, 2012 IP