1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this autoblogging?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by kev269, Apr 23, 2011.

Hi,

I'm just trying to understand what autoblogging is. I came across a file with a huge list of folders which have many articles in them on many different topics. They are articles written by other people, but when I search some of the paragraphs from these articles in google, I see tons of sites which have the same articles. Perhaps, they are free to distribute?

Would this be considered autoblogging?

Many thanks,

kev269, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From my understanding, it is a blog that adds new content to itself automatically. Not the most ethical way to do SEO and something that will probably not pay off in the long term. I'd imagine that ultimately, there would be a lot of duplicated "auto" content out there.

danasurvey, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    an autoblog could be a very interesting thing to visit daily if it was done by a talented coder and creative ideas.
    but usually it's not

JamesColin, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  4. blakeembrey

blakeembrey Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, an autoblog is basically a blog, usually run using Wordpress or something similar, that then uses RSS feeds to copy content from other sources and reblog the articles under it's own blog. Some more advanced autoblog plugins come with article spinning, automatic keyword rewriting, etc. so they are fairly advanced. I used to have one, which I used for non-profit, until I was served a DCMA notice. So it isn't exactly legal to do it.

The most popular plugins for making an autoblog with Wordpress include FeedWordpress (my favourite and free), WP-o-matic, WP Robot, WP Turbo and many others.

blakeembrey, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  5. ForgottenCreature

ForgottenCreature Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you can find the content on same sites, then it is, indeed auto blogging - why not write your own content through those topics? Use the topic idea, and write something new.

ForgottenCreature, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  6. kev269

kev269 Peon

Best Answers:
    but would that be considered the same as rss feed autoblogging in the sense of having your adsense account suspended?

kev269, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  7. great.escape

great.escape Member

Best Answers:
    that could be autoblogging, but i wish you could have posted some examples sites.

great.escape, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  8. icde

icde Guest

Best Answers:
    if the articles come from free article sites then its not autoblogging and legal. google can't ban account for that. So you can add those articles, and then instead of simply autoblogging, just import summaries of the most relevant posts to your blog via rss, with a link bank to the full article. then you can start promoting your own content alongside the summaries and free articles. just never import the full articles from rss, as it won't help you much in the long run and you don't want to be served DCMA notice after you spent months building up your site.

icde, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  9. imfusa

imfusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    It could be autoblogging but also the user may be adding the content by rss feed.

imfusa, Apr 24, 2011 IP
  10. digitalwebman06

digitalwebman06 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you are right these can also be autoblogging. actually it is a unethical process of adding the contents after a certain time period. each software have their specific validation. so some may be like this.

digitalwebman06, Apr 24, 2011 IP