1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this an original Article ?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by bushib, Mar 15, 2007.

Hi there,

I want to know that what's the standard procedure to write an original article. Secondly, If I get 2-3 articles from net as source articles and write one article in my own words but on the "SAME TOPIC" would it be an original article or duplicated.

Any help will be really appreciated.
    Regards
    Bushib

bushib, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  2. atulperx

atulperx Banned

Best Answers:
    I think it would be original if you don't copy worlds and write it as same add some contents from your side and some good words , because it help you in Google , it's your language article .:) if i am wrong experts please do correct me .:eek:

atulperx, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  3. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    Don't plagiarize.

That's the first step you take to ensure you're writing an original article. Simply paraphrasing another article isn't enough - it must be wholly unique. In other words, using one or two words from a source article might be alright, but using entire chunks of another source is definitely wrong.

Provided you are using your own style to write about a given topic you should be okay.

DeniseJ, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  4. internetauthor

internetauthor Peon

Best Answers:
    Ditto, Denise.

You pull a few articles about Link Sharing from the net. You read them, ponder the information and then use what you have learned to write your very own. This is okay, it's a basic form of research. (Just be sure you read something with correct information.)

You pull a few articles about Link Sharing from the net. You read them, ponder them, put one into Word and begin changing a few words or sentences around to make it sound different. This is NOT okay, and it is plagarism.

Hope that helps!
    Rebecca

internetauthor, Mar 15, 2007 IP
    DeniseJ likes this.
  5. protocol96

protocol96 Peon

Best Answers:
    go thru article once(twice or as many times u want), get an idea wat its all about. Start writting it without looking at that article again.

In the end just compare both the article that they dont convey exactly opposite ideas, accuracy is important here.

protocol96, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  6. Certix

Certix Banned

Best Answers:
    If you want to make the article original, do what you're doing, taking from more than one source. However instead of just paraphrasing different sections of the articles, take a pen or pencil (yes, not a keyboard) and physically write down the keypoints of the article.

The reason you should use a pen or pencil is because you're going to learn what you're writing and in doing so you're going to sound like you know what you're writing. Even more so, as you type this up, you're not going to be copying anything from either article as it'll be in your own words!

Trust me, this works wonders, and its so easy to do.

Certix, Mar 16, 2007 IP