1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this a rare anomaly or does this happen often?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Sean Gugerty, May 25, 2018.

Ok, so I was dabbling a little in the realm of utilizing Google sites as a filter to pass link juice acquired from social profile stacking and article submissions. The system I had in place to start a drip was a ghetto rigged Tumblr/Flickr/Twitter trifecta wired together with IFTTT.

Some of the Tumblr's I've noticed jumped in authority rather quick, and some laid stagnant for the most part. The fluctuations in Tumblr seemed normal, but over the coarse of a few days and about 83 random links/ engagements, the web property I was pointing to had a godly amount of PA/DA! I figured even with a NYTimes Backlink it wouldn't jump so ridiculously high as these numbers in 1 single go? Does this happen to other people frequently???
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Sean Gugerty, May 25, 2018 IP
  2. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DA/PA are a third party metrics so its hard to say.

mrb1129, May 25, 2018 IP
  3. seoauthority

seoauthority Member

Best Answers:
    The problem is, MOZ and Majestic and all those other services that profer their own metrics, such as DA and PA, have little or nothing to do with how Google actually ranks your site, so yes, i would assume Moz's DA would be much easier to game using your technique than to affect your Google ranking itself.

Why bother trying to play with Moz DA?

seoauthority, May 25, 2018 IP