1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this a good way to make money? pushing hosting

Discussion in 'General Business' started by shkad14, May 30, 2008.

What if I make some sites selling merchandise. You know oscommerce type of sites with dropshippers for products like knives, zippos, video games, lingerie...that kind of thing-sell the sites for cheap but make them keep hosting with me for three months or so. Would this be a good way to make money on hosting?

What type of reseller plan should I get? I have seen reseller packages on ebay for $25 a month of unlimited accounts or something.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

shkad14, May 30, 2008 IP
  2. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    I am confused about what you are describing, but if you are selling your site and forcing the buyer to also buy hosting with you, it sounds like a bad deal for the buyer and if I were him/her, I would not do a deal like this.

oneawesomeguy, May 30, 2008 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can introduce a hosting company for you..They charge $50/year for unlimited plan

mentos, May 31, 2008 IP
  4. shkad14

shkad14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any other ideas on the subject?

shkad14, Jun 2, 2008 IP
  5. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'd be careful buying ANY hosting off ebay, most of them are oversold and you'll experience tons of downtime. You can find better offers in the web hosting section of this forum. Looks for hosts with lots of good iTrader, search for reviews on the host..etc.

As for your other idea, it could be a good idea to offer these small businesses free hosting but I think you would be better off spending the money that you're losing there on advertising

FPForum, Jun 2, 2008 IP